Sign in to follow this  
Augie1995

THE KIDDIE's The -5- album

All right, I didn't think it was possible to love an album by just listening to the first 3-4 songs but I was proven this year by The GazettE (DIVISION), UVERworld(THE ONE), and D.I.D(Providentia.). Getting off that tangent, this album has captured me already and I am barely on the 6th song, 悲しみのDERRINGER. Let me just say that 悲しみのDERRINGER and ARCADIA are portraying absolutely what is the most amazing sound out of THE KIDDIE so far. ARCADIA has an amazing instrumentation and it makes me go crazy when I listen to it, plus Yusa's vocals are so amazing here. In 悲しみのDERRINGER, They have THE best intro I have ever heard from THE KIDDIE. Yuusei's guitar has a resemblance of sorts to MIYAVI's guitar slapping. There's a lot of electronic sounds in this, especially with the breakdown. Simply put, 2nd favorite THE KIDDIE song now.

I'm writing this as I finish the album, 溺れたルージュ has a very jazzy intro. It resembles a popular band I know in the V-kei scene from a few years back but I can't put a name to the song. This is another great song, not a favorite though. シュプレヒコール starts off strong and fast, has a chorus that resembles THE KIDDIE but maintaining that slightly heavy sound they started us off with. The song's guitar verses between the chorus and the B-メロ is so badass! Add this song to my favorites as well. Before VANITY starts, songs with the name VANITY have been the name of many songs that I have always loved, they always end up great to me because they end up being so badass. Sick bass intro there, starting off strong just like シュプレヒコール, very fast paced this one. Chorus is really good, instrumentation right after that however is off the charts amazing! Only one thing to change would be that I would have loved for the song to end with a last guitar verse rather than just stop.

I stopped on VANITY, listened to the rest, loved the whole album! This is exactly what I want from them without a doubt!! Don't stop, THE KIDDIE, don't stop! 100/10

Sorry for the long review, I know most won't want to read all of it xD

I am going to write this review for Maiku, because Maiku is sad nobody else reviews this and you should be ashamed of yourself for making him sad. I am not the kind of person to do track by track reviews, so I'll just take this album as a whole and describe what I liked and what I didn't like.

The highlight from this album in my opinion is the first track, CRITICAL ELEVATION, which is (as Maiku already stated) a mix between the songs MA★PIECE and アダルト. It's like these songs had sex, made a love baby and called it CRITICAL ELEVATION. I like both songs, but of those two I prefer アダルト, so I was glad to see CRITICAL ELEVATION had the most elements taken from アダルト. The "I can't no satisfaction"-part is in there as well, which confirms my thoughts that it was definitely アダルト-inspired. I could definitely hear the MA★PIECE sound in this album as well, but then I'm not speaking of the individual song but the whole full-length. 毒 is sort of like a mix between Destination and 美しきREDRUM, for example.

I noticed on this record that THE KIDDIE has a really awesome drummer, which I didn't really notice on earlier releases. What I liked about THE FIVE -5- is that it was more consistent as a whole in comparison to MA★PIECE. MA★PIECE had a more really good individual songs like MA★PIECE, mr. FIREBIRD, サマードリーム, Nutty Nasty, 美しきREDRUM, Destination and アダルト. The rest of the tracks ranged from OK to meh, which wasn't really the case on THE FIVE -5-. The awesomeness-level on the individual songs is lower than on their previous full length, but the overall consistency is better, therefore I see myself listening to THE FIVE -5- earlier as a whole.

However, that was also kind of a downside for me. If you count the fact that MA★PIECE had 7 (out of 13) really amazing tracks, that's quite a lot. THE FIVE -5- misses that punch, which I like in my THE KIDDIE songs. It's by no means bad, but I missed it here and therefore I need to deduct a few points. However! I wasn't too fond of the single leading to this album, but すき for example sounds a lot better in the album context. Good job on that one, guys.

I'd give THE FIVE -5- a 7.5/10 and call it my second favourite THE KIDDIE album. It was a nice album, but it did not beat MA★PIECE for me. I might change my opinion after a few more listens, so I'm not calling this definite.

Here's my review score: 9/10 (10/10 only if i loved all the tracks -_-)

Here's my review: Best THE KIDDIE album in my opinion so far. The reason for dat is coz i (personally,me,myself) judge the value of an album by how many tracks i loved and in The -5- album i loved the most - these tracks / CRITICAL ELEVATION, I sing for you, 5月5日, シュプレヒコール, すき and 鳴り止まない歌. (random comment: even if have listened to critical elevation more than 30 times just recently found out about the cant get no satisfaction thing many people said, never noticed it for some reason -_- ) In MA★PIECE i loved MA★PIECE, mr. FIREBIRD, 来世の女神 and 二人のメモリーズ.

Lastly, in the BRAVE NEW WORLD album i loved STEADY, smile., マイガール and Calling.

6>4=4 (dunno if dis is correct / i suck at maths Yo)

Dats it. F***************************************************************K

ps. ....... -_- >.<

Sign in to follow this