Sign in to follow this  
CaRaN

[Band Battle] ユナイト (UNiTE.) vs. キャンゼル (Canzel)

Which band do you prefer?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which band do you prefer?

• ã?¦ã??ã?¤ã?? (UNiTE.)
    • ã?­ã?£ã?³ã?¼ã?« (Canzel)

After listenin to all Canzel songs (or so i think :D) more than 4-5 times 2 days now i really fell in love with them :D I listened to UNiTE's stuff once again to see if i can make a better comparison now but i have to say that Canzel songs are more memorable for me and left me a huge impression (fell in love with Icchi's voice and i couldnt get bored listening each song more than 10 times in a row some times :D (twilight,sink,heart,allegro some of em <3) Instead UNiTE's songs were all good but nothin awesome that i can repeat endlessly and for me UNiTE's songs can be listened when im some kind of mood instead Canzel got huge variety of songs that i can listen to depend on the mood i am :D > < I love both very much but now i have to declare Canzel as first between those two :) But still the vote i made is correct because i love UNiTE being very active and creating more and more awesome work and i hope they keep doing it for a long time to come :)

Ugh, where do I begin? CaRaN, how dare you make me choose between these two bands, haha.

Since you brought this upon me, I've been forced to answer in a "TL:DR" gigantic reply.

Anyone on this forum who knows me has probably inferred by this point that I'm an admitted Canzel/UNiTE fanboy.

Both bands are in my top-tier of the current VK generation. Canzel has a bit more sentimental value for me, because they were the first VK band I really got into that wasn't the usual "gothic"/"dark"/harpischord and organs type stuff I listened to before. But from listening to their first single, I knew they were something special. It turns out I already knew Icchi (the vocalist) from another band (Milphinne), but he had improved so much, I wasn't even sure it was him at first. I love love LOVE his vocals in Canzel, and if someone put a gun to my head and asked who my favorite vocalist was, it'd be him. He has such a unique voice. Additionally, Canzel's head composer Shiina Mio is the king of that twinkly, synthy pop-rock style I've come to love. His style is also pretty unique and usually instantly recognizable (one could say, it's a signature style). Canzel was the first band that was crazy for and collected ALL of their CD's, even the live-only shit. I was pretty disappointed when they disbanded, but shortly after it was announced that 3 of the members would move on to a new band: UNiTE.

I was skeptical at first.... Could Shiina Mio find other members (mainly a vocalist) to keep the same level of awesomeness of Canzel? Then, it was announced "Kai" from ALiBi would be the vocalist (now named "Yui"). Instant deflated boner... I didn't like ALiBi or Kai's singing for that matter, haha. Oh well, at least the music would hopefully still be good. The new guitarist was "aki" (now, "LiN") from the indie band "LeMpicka?", so I thought his influence would be a cool addition to the mix. Then the first single came out: great, catchy SE track; a VERY Canzel-y track with some new-wavey sounding guitar parts and a final heavy track with some sweet guitar work. Most of all, I didn't dislike Yui's vocals, at all. In fact, I honestly loved them! Wtf? Oh well, I didn't fight it. Unfortunately, the two singles afterwards didn't impress me as much. They were decent enough, but I thought maybe the band had already peaked after their first single, haha. NOPE, then came their great album last year. Since then, they've been releasing singles, all top-rate stuff AND they've really experimented with different sounds. Whereas Shiina Mio practically wrote every song in Canzel, in UNiTE, the other band members are stepping up to the table and helping with composition. And it shows! LiN has become the band's wildcard member, delivering the cheesy, yet amazing disco-funky "BadRequest", the Aicle-ish Halloween track "Love_Duck_Core_Nothing," and loads of other fun tracks, all the while coaxing some great vocal parts out of Yui. Even drummer Yukimi is perfecting his composition skills, starting off with almost awesome Chronus (marred only by terrible rapping sections), the simply beautiful "答え無いコトバ," and most recently the wonderful piano-laden "3rd Blue". Overall, the band has really nailed their "synthtastic, technical and heavy, yet catchy, but not overly happy" pop-rock style a lot better than Canzel. I'm truly looking forward to their second album, coming out next month.

So, to sum up that convoluted mess, both bands are really important to me. Canzel has more sentimental value for me at this point and Icchi is my favorite vocalist. However, UNiTE has so far proven that they might be the better band, music-wise, and Yui is actually quite awesome as a vocalist too.

Ugh, where do I begin? CaRaN, how dare you make me choose between these two bands

hahahaha when I opened this I actually thought of you xDDDD

Now I'm gonna give my oppinion:

I loved Canzel, their music was great and Icchi is just Icchi xDDD (the only singer I think is better than him is Yo-shiT) I was really sad when they disbanded.

I didn't find out about UNiTE. until I saw U-smeh- to download on a blogspot site (xD) and when I saw who the members were I didn't know what to think, because I thought that Yui would never be as good as Icchi at all. When I tried it I actually didn't like the single that much, but then Middle Note was released and I totally fell in love (my favorite song by them, Distory, is in that single). Every realese after that was awesome and now I love every song they've released so far. I like UNiTE.'s sound better than Canzel, and now I think Yui is as good as a vocalist as Icchi, which I thought was imposible xDD

So yeah, I went for UNiTE. too xD

i agree with fitear1590, damn you for making me choose. i love them both so it's hard. canzel was one of the first vk bands that i listened to. im a total shiina mio fangirl. i was seriously mad when i found out that they had disbanded. but i just about shit an egg when i heard they were forming a new band. i hate alibi and kai's voice so i was a little iffy in the beginning. i happen to listen to world wide wish and that's what got me hooked. so i was hella shocked when i heard yui singing. his voice really improved and won me over. plus having yukimi and mio helped a bit. imo they've seem to grow and blossom into a totally bitchin band. so if i had to choose it would defiantly be unite.

Did you know?

One of the tracks from "Invit S.P." of キャンゼル would be "失踪イン マイ ルーム" but the album was later canceled. Currently Mio released the song with ユナイト like a b-side song from U -s m e h- single.

Canzel for sure. They're one of my favorite bands and will always have a special place in my heart.

I really tried to like Unite but I just don't dig Yui's voice. He's not "bad" but I prefer Icchi's vocals much, much more. I can't help thinking, "Man, I wish Icchi was singing this instead. D:"

Sign in to follow this