Sign in to follow this  
Dark stranger

Lordi

Lordi is a hard rock / heavy metal band from Finland. The concept for Lordi was conceived in 1992, however, the band wasn't officially formed until 1996 by Tomi Putaansuu (known as 'Mr. Lordi')[1] of Helsinki, Finland. Members of Lordi are noted for their elaborate monster-like costumes depicted during live shows and in music videos.

Lordi won the 2006 Eurovision Song Contest with a record 292 points, giving Finland its first ever victory. Lordi featured on the 2006 MTV Europe Music Awards in Copenhagen when Mr. Lordi presented the award for rock, and they were also the closing act playing their single Hard Rock Hallelujah. They also performed on Britain's Making Your Mind Up for the Eurovision Song Contest. Lordi performed on the main stage at Ozzfest 2007.

lordi.jpg

LORDI_group_5.jpg

I love Lordi. Been listing to them for a bout a year now. Got to see them at Ozzfest which was an amazing live show. I'd have to say my favorite songs are Devil is a Loser, The Deadite Girls Gone Wild, Would you love a Monster Man?, and Who's Your Daddy?.

If you don't know this band I highly recommend it.

They look funny :''''D Lol

It was so stupid when finnish magazines

revealed the band members' looks without the masks :/

Would you love a Monster Man? is my favorite song. In fact it's the only one like, lol :D

We loved them when they won the contest. We had so much fun with my friends xD

After that the mania has kind of faded >:3

But they do have some good songs, though, the eurovision kind of spoiled the band D:

Haha, you just lol'd? I turned off my television, and prayed that nobody remembers that I'm finnish too.

My respect for the Finnish grew alot after that, make no mistake XD.

Sign in to follow this