Sign in to follow this  
ShanethVarosa

Div's Natsu no Yukue

This band is really really good. For lack of a better phrase. I mean really, their debut blew me away in it's own way, but this new single is even SO much better to me than Mudai no Document. I've already listened to the whole single 5 times... Well since I downloaded it I just had it on repeat so I haven't stopped listening to it.

Natsu no Yukue is a fun pop/rock song, but my problem is that it's chorus and Hotarubi's chorus are almost identical to me. They have the same rhythm and very similar melodies. I'd have to say that I like Hotarubi a little bit more because of it's more ambient feel. It's strangely more cosmic than Natsu no Yukue which is a very earthy, grounded, yet fun song.

Then there's Milky Latte which is totally out of left field and highly electronic, but very well done. *points to the GazettE* but this isn't about them, it's about Div. Div took a very popular concept in rock right now, electronic/rock crossover and made it work effortlessly.

Love the single, 9/10

Natsu no Yukue is a fun pop/rock song, but my problem is that it's chorus and Hotarubi's chorus are almost identical to me.

exactly! i tought i was the only one who tought like that haha.

I really liked this single, i think they have a good future. Can't wait for more releases from them :)

Natsu no Yukue is a hell of a catchy song, you can see Shogo "xTRiPxing" in his guitar lines, and that's a great thing. but there's a slightly detail that REALLY bothers me. the chorus on 02:49~02:53 feels TOTALLY out of place, really messes with the song's rhythm...

Hotarubi is good, but feels unfinished to me. putting aside that the chorus melody line almost identical to Natsu no Yukue that you guys already mentioned, I feel that this song is kinda rushed, especially the vocal line, I can't see it blending well with the other lines...

milky latte really didn't strike on me, kinda forgettable.

Good single, but feels kinda rushed. Their mini tops it, ANSWER is one of the best songs I've heard this year.

I have to agree with chemicalpictures in his review (the same things i noticed and propably everyone else did :D) the first song is pretty catchy just some parts dont blend too well with the flow of the song/beat but aside that a pretty cool song, as for the second just a different version of the chorus of the first one (could be a lot better if they have added somethin more to it) > > and the third one just didnt hit me at all .

So overall i would give a 7.5/10 for this single ^^ (Mainly the first song got all the points because it may not be awesome but it is a very catchy song (in comparison to a lot of songs that come out these days), and when i put the second song on my mp3 i say what the hell let's go again for the first one, as for the third one (dont bother ><) :D)

From all the hype this band seems to be getting, I thought this single was rather underwhelming overall. The first song is catchy indeed, but as chemicalpictures said, the chorus seems kind out of place and it often sounds like they picked several parts and just glued them together to form the song. It's also a little bit repetitive, but that didn't bother me as much.

蛍火 is slightly superior, with better use of the guitars and eletronic elements. It's solid b-side material and the main problem with it is the thing that someone above said: the chorus is almost identical to the main track. The last song is just bland. I give them props for going almost full electro as a VK band though; the acoustic guitar section is a nice touch too, but the full thing itself didn't work for me.

I'm going to try their minialbum later, but these guys do seem to have potential to do well in the pop-rock/electro area. There's enough in this single to make me keep my eyes on some of their future releases.

i got the same feeling with chemicalpictures too, the music itself is ok. i rate 6/10.

but i don't like the vocalist's voice, which may rate only 3/10.

(i dont understand why Shogo leaves XTRiPX, it makes better music imo)

I actually quite liked Milky Latte (it's like a 7/10), though it is a bit uneven. I can't imagine what the lyrics are about (unless it's like the Flipper's Guitar song "Coffee Milk Crazy," haha). The acoustic guitar plus the electronic touch was fairly interesting. When Shaneth said an electronic/rock crossover, I was honestly expecting the very passe autotune-core shit that everyone loves to do right now. Thankfully, it wasn't. I'd say this was actually pretty experimental for a VK band. I'd like to see them further explore this style.

When I first heard 夏の行方, I thought it was a'ight; solid enough for me to check out the full single. As everyone has mentioned, this song plus the VERY NEXT SONG have extremely similar choruses. I wish they would have just eliminated one of the songs, but they didn't. That's a huge bummer and makes me think they don't have too much songwriting finesse. Or, maybe they were just rushed by their label to churn out a single. I hope they'll take more time for their next release.

I have to disagree with sugibo on one thing, because I actually like the vocalist! He's got a nice "natural" voice; doesn't sound like he's too mannered with his singing, nor is he "over-singing" like a lot of VK guys can do.

I'll keep my eye on them, as I can definitely hear some potential.

6/10

I've been listening to this single A LOT. I am kind of surprised at how much I like this band. xD

Track One: Natsu no Yukue - The song is really catchy regardless of its flaws. It's really pretty good summer track over all. The whole single has a whole date theme to it pretty much. The PV is really nice and I'm really liking the tone the singers voice has. Really refreshing voice. I really liked their mini and I really dig this track. It seems to have some transition problems and an odd structure but more about that in the review of the next track ahahaha~. Ramune is mentioned in the lyrics and the pv has bursts of bubbles at the end and I kind of feel like the song really sounds like ramune. XD 7.5/10

Second Song: Hotarubi - This song feels like the blue print for Natsu no Yukue. Honestly it probably should have been the main single but I feel like they were maybe pushed to do a summer style song and this got turned into Natsu no Yukue and got more polished than this one. Either way this song is my favorite by them. I can't even really talk about why I like it so much ahahaha. Definitely superior to natsu no yukue. I feel like it really showcases the band's sound and skill. It's a really well done pop-rock track. 9.5/10

サアドの歌: milkylatte。: Seems a lot of people don't really dig this track. It's a really light and sparkly sounding electrorockpop song. It's got a light and fun vibe and would be perfect to listen to while chilling. I hope they do more songs like this. :) In terms of electronicvk it's decent and better than any of The GazettE's attempts tbh. 7/10

Over all a pretty good single. The only main problem being the similarity in the melody for the choruses of Natsu no Yukue and Hotarubi. I feel like hotarubi evolved into Natsu no Yukue some how even though hotarubi is better. Ahaha. The single is nice and anyone that has been on the fence about the band should probably check this out and their mini. (The Mini is really really good.) Overall the single gets a 7/10.

Sign in to follow this