Sign in to follow this  
Zeus

The truth behind ZeluvA

I legit lol'd. Nice prank. The funniest being all the blogspots who mindly reuploaded it.

I usually never check out random bands unless someone personally recommends it to me (because I'm really lazy) so I didn't fall for it either way :')

Doesn't matter. I wanna hear more from the real band (UMBERBROWN) now. Even if it's not this ZeluvA band, the music is still good, and that's the entire point for me. Not looks, but sound.

On another note, what are the real names of the songs? So I can, ya know, change them to what they really are?

On another note, what are the real names of the songs? So I can, ya know, change them to what they really are?

流れ星 is Falling Star

ゴースト・ダンス is Ghost Dance

They just changed the English into Japanese equivalents.

流れ星 is Falling Star

ゴースト・ダンス is Ghost Dance

They just changed the English into Japanese equivalents.

Okay, thanks.

Does that include their download numbers? Because more than half the posts in the Downloads section do not get a lot of replies. Doesn't always mean it's being largely overlooked.

Yeah, in general the actual download numbers will be higher than the thread replies, but there usually isn't a very large difference between the two. Often, I find myself having to "bump" my own music posts by saying "you're welcome" and whatnot.

Interestingly, when I made my music posts "MH exclusive" (post for link), that kind of forced lurkers to come out of the woodwork and reply. Those particular threads got a good amount of replies.

So, I guess you're right that my threads aren't being largely overlooked. The people who are interested in the music I post are simply more prone to "lurkerdom". So my threads only appear to be overlooked.

Pulling these individual out of lurkerdom and into the community would be great...but even if I could just get half of those lurkers to just reply, that would be a start - at least there would be more of a visible interest in other kinds of music.

And while you didn't call it a demo, you strongly implied it (a CD-R copy with music that your friend wasn't sure if the band planned to release).

My point... there's nothing out there to suggest this was a fake because there isn't a lot of information about the real ZeluvA yet. Wasn't that the point of Biopanda finding a really obscure VK band? So that the legitimacy wouldn't be easily brought into question?

True enough indeed. This is why I used a vague term like CD-R. CD-R could refer to a demo, but it could also refer to a legitimate release. There are tons of Japanese indie acts that release CD-Rs as legitimate releases. Maybe not so much in the VK scene, though.

Now THIS is one of the most sensible things I've seen said about this situation. And I agree with you here, completely.

Being able to facilitate a broader spectrum of music here on MH has long been one of my goals here on MH. From the day I set foot on this forum (which was then called Tainted World), I was constantly trying to introduce people to new music. I've since reached a bit of a stalemate on that initiative for several reasons, but If you have any ideas/suggestions, I'd be more than welcome to hear them!

Being able to facilitate a broader spectrum of music here on MH has long been one of my goals here on MH. From the day I set foot on this forum (which was then called Tainted World), I was constantly trying to introduce people to new music. I've since reached a bit of a stalemate on that initiative for several reasons, but If you have any ideas/suggestions, I'd be more than welcome to hear them!

To be completely honest: I see no point in trying to "convert" people to other sorts of music. It actually may come across a bit condescending when people feel "appointed" to divert other people from their "wrong ways" of only listening to certain kinds of music because they have seen the "light" of a diverse musical taste.

I do not like missionary zeal in general, whether it applies to religion, music or whatever.

If people want to discover new music, they have more than enough possibilities to do so, here (Mixtape Thread, Recommendations Thread, Download section) and elsewhere (Youtube, last.fm, Music Streaming sites). And when they do, they usually do it on their own, because they wanted something new/different.

Yes, some people only listen to vk. So what. If that's what they like, who am I to judge? There was a time when the music I listened to was 90% vk. And I have absolutely no regrets about that. I found many great bands during that time that I still cherish today.

To be completely honest: I see no point in trying to "convert" people to other sorts of music. It actually may come across a bit condescending when people feel "appointed" to divert other people from their "wrong ways" of only listening to certain kinds of music because they have seen the "light" of a diverse musical taste.

I do not like missionary zeal in general, whether it applies to religion, music or whatever.

If people want to discover new music, they have more than enough possibilities to do so, here (Mixtape Thread, Recommendations Thread, Download section) and elsewhere (Youtube, last.fm, Music Streaming sites). And when they do, they usually do it on their own, because they wanted something new/different.

Yes, some people only listen to vk. So what. If that's what they like, who am I to judge? There was a time when the music I listened to was 90% vk. And I have absolutely no regrets about that. I found many great bands during that time that I still cherish today.

Champ, Champ, Champ...I think you're misunderstanding me here. I don't want to force anyone to do anything...that's the LAST thing I'd want to do. If you take a look in my sig, you will see the words "~Subjectivity is what makes music awesome~". I'm all for people liking whatever they want. I merely want to offer more options here at MH. Nothing more, nothing less.

Pulling these individual out of lurkerdom and into the community would be great...but even if I could just get half of those lurkers to just reply, that would be a start - at least there would be more of a visible interest in other kinds of music.

Being able to facilitate a broader spectrum of music here on MH has long been one of my goals here on MH.

If you have any ideas/suggestions, I'd be more than welcome to hear them!

Unforunately, this would be very difficult. For some reason, rock fans (and especially visual kei fans) are prone to lurkerdom. I know someone who posts both visual kei & johnny's stuff... she said that when she'd compare the downloads of one of the more popular visual kei bands with one of the less popular johnny's, that their downloads would be similiar. However, the Johnny's post would have A LOT more thanks than the visual kei post.

As for an idea/suggestion... I do have one. Although it's based on my own experience and feelings.

Personally, I'd be much more likely to check out a download thread if I was familiar with the band. In my opinion, one of the best ways to get people interested is through news with video/audio streaming previews. I'd wager that Trombe's updates combined with shared youtube previews/full versions is what really fuels VK's popularity in the international community.

I know you include youtube previews in your download posts. However, personally, I usually skip over download threads of bands that I'm not familiar with. Ironically, ZeluvA was a rare exception. The band name caught my attention, so I clicked the link to see what they were about. Even without that VK picture, if there had been a preview of those songs in the thread, I would have checked it out and decided I wanted to download it. That would have been my reaction. I don't know how others would have reacted.

However, I have to add... I don't like the song they used for their PV release (Destination). If that had been used, I probably wouldn't have downloaded it. Which would have been a shame because Falling Star & Ghost Dance are much better (IMO).

^ Adding previews sounds look a good idea. Usually whenever I make a post in the DL section, I try to provide a youtube sample. But adding previews to the new/update threads might be more difficult since it really comes down to whether or not the poster goes that extra mile. Plus previews of the upcoming release might not always be available. But I guess one could always post earlier release previews.

Also I think people might have missed the point of this experiment and don't know how to take a joke. Major LOL's for all the reuploads on blogs though.

Champ, Champ, Champ...I think you're misunderstanding me here. I don't want to force anyone to do anything...that's the LAST thing I'd want to do. If you take a look in my sig, you will see the words "~Subjectivity is what makes music awesome~". I'm all for people liking whatever they want. I merely want to offer more options here at MH. Nothing more, nothing less.

Well, "force" is a strong word. You can't force anyone to listen to anything, unless you tie them up somewhere and blast the music to them. The Jehova's Witness knocking at my door isn't forcing me either, I still find them irritating and annoying. XD

Too much butthurt here.

Lets leave this at "you got trolled" and either you expanded your musical tastes or you didn't. Their is no harm and no foul here. You still got free music, so not a single damn one of you have any right to complain. Laugh it off and move on. Have some fun for Christ's sake! :D

I am closing this cause the convo is going nowhere fast and I am an admin so I do what ever the fuck I want :P. It was funny while it last.

As a side comment, this forum is for JROCK, not just VK. That is the way it started and that's how it will always be.