Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

lynch. new maxi single "LIGHTNING" release

I'm not impressed with their recent stuff either. :( Yet I overplayed every A-side/PV song they've released so far, so maybe I'll manage to like this too (but for now it's a huge disappointment). One thing is for sure: they can do it way better. And it seems like it was a bad decision to going major after all.

Thought the PV preview was pretty good. Not sure how many times I'm really going to listen to the song, but definitely far far from the worst thing I've heard this year.

Listened to the full song now, I think it was ok/decent/whatever. Fortunately they're still far from being bad.

LIGHTNING sounds better than anything off the INFERIORITY COMPLEX album. My opinion might change later, though...

Everything LYNCH has done after Shadowz has been fairly...disappointing. I Believe In me was a horrible album...yes it had a few decent tracks on it but it was overall just bad. Mirrors was an OK single but still its only listenable a few times until I get bored of it. IC (even though I love the self titled track and Frozen), was also a complete shitstorm. Lightning is no better. Also idk if its because of the label, but they now look like your average boyband now. Once again another band that was well off without the need of a Major label has went off and signed and is now buttrapped and will be soon be forgotten.

To me it gets better with every listen. Of course it's not their best or anything like that + I'm still a bit disappointed (because they can do it much better), but I like it.

I don't mind it.

Laughing at how people were raving that lynch. would be different from other bands and wouldn't sacrifice their quality despite going major.. Ah, how bitter it is in hindsight. xD

It's decent. Not bad, but they've done way better.

Also Reo looks even older than usual in this vid...wonder how old he is.

And I like that they've dropped most of the visuals, suits them better.

Oh and the drumming is still great!

Not too impressed. I wasn't fond of IC either, so seeing as this was probably a left-over I don't feel any sympathy towards it. I personally think they did very well until after MIRRORS. IBIM had some really nice tracks, MIRRORS was a great single but IC just fell flat. I can honestly say that I didn't really like SHADOWS that much and that I think IBIM is way better than SHADOWS.

Before they went major, they spent approximately 2 years on every album they released. They had 2 years to write IBIM too, but only 1 to write IC. I guess the main problem is not that their label forces them to change their sound, they just simply don't give them enough time.

Someone said the same thing on the first page based on some interview (which I'd still like to read, especially now).

Before they went major, they spent approximately 2 years on every album they released. They had 2 years to write IBIM too, but only 1 to write IC. I guess the main problem is not that their label forces them to change their sound, they just simply don't give them enough time.

Someone said the same thing on the first page based on some interview (which I'd still like to read, especially now).

Yay, my comment works with your observation. Means I don't have to feel like a douche bag. c:

But yeah, as a whole, IC didn't really feel much like an album, if I recall correctly, there was about four songs I liked off the entire thing, those four would have been better off by themselves on a mini or something, three of the four were released prior to the album as previews anyway. xD

But then again, lynch. has never really sold me on an entire album before, I think SHADOWZ came close, but one or two tracks fell short to my liking, the rest have been filled to the brim with hit or miss tracks, not that it's bad, if anything, means they're more diverse and cater to more differing tastes.

Sign in to follow this