Sign in to follow this  
sai

iPod Wi-Fi trouble

Hello fellow MH members!

I was just wondering if someone here could help me with a problem I've been having lately.

A few days ago, the Wi-Fi on my iPod Touch 4G started acting strange. It would disconnect itself every minute, websites wouldn't load, it couldn't connect to the network etc etc. A day later my MacBook started having the same problems, saying it was connected and everything worked fine, while the websites would load very slowly or not at all.

I decided to turn off the router for an hour so it could cool down and then turn it on again. This solved the problems on my MacBook, but my iPod is still having the same problem. My father also has an iPod (3G) and he has the same problems that I have on my iPod as well. We recently changed internet providers, but the first few days internet on my iPod worked fine. When I try to connect my iPod to another Wi-Fi network, I'm not experiencing any problems whatsoever.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the issue here?

Your router is the issue probably, maybe you should change the settings or this type of the router doesn't work with iPods well, it happens. Sometimes I can't connect to some wifi networks for no reason and I don't know why, but my friend who has Samsung with Android can't do it either, so some routers probably either don't work well mobile devices or the settings are wrong. Sometimes I can't connect to my wifi and restarting the router always works. If you can, check a different router on the same internet.

Sign in to follow this