Sign in to follow this  
Furik

SATOSHI KON IS DEAD?!

He did Paranoia Agent? I had no idea, but now that you say that I could totally see him doing it.

I was a fan, this sucks, I've seen a lot of his movies, Perfect Blue, Paprika, did he do Tokyo Godfathers? This suuuuucks, fuuuu--

Yeah, he did Tokyo Godfathers too. Not a big fan of the movie but my god Perfect Blue.. Paprika.. man was a genius. Anime News Network has some heavy articles regarding his death.

Apparently Satoshi Kon and his wife knew he wasn't going to live past 6 months as he was diagnosed with cancer in May. Kon pretty much called it quits then and he accepted what would end up being his fate. So, really, his death was more on a positive note - he knew he was going to die, called his directorial work complete, and died with a feeling of accomplishment which, in my opinion, feel better about it.

He was working on a new film which is managment is still working on despite his death. I guess the script is completed so really all they have to do is animate it. I know for a damn fact that (not being smart about it) it's going to blow up with awards.

Sign in to follow this