Sign in to follow this  
Aion

MY WALLET!!!! (or, how to survive the Steam Summer Sales)

Yeah, they're here again, the summer sales of steam...

Day 1 interesting things:

Terraria

Legend of Grimrock

Haven't purchased anything yet though, already had Legend of Grimrock (but haven't played it nearly as much as I wanted to)

Not to mention the incredible lag in the first hours of each day xD

[edit]

oh sneaky steam bastards with their flash-deals =)

Deus Ex Human Revolution only for €7.49

On my wish list of 6 games, 5 are on sale. :emo:

But I can't get them all, because I will move appartements in 2-3 months and need to keep my money together. :emo:

So I'll probably just get Just Cause 2, and maybe one other game, if I see a good deal for it.

Haven't bought anything yet.

Might buy Hard Reset since it's only $3.75 but I'm gonna wait til the last day. Also Crisis 2 once that gets a 75% off.

little bit tame, the 2nd day.. trying to load the store now for day 3...

Recommendations day 3

Orcs Must Die -> such an awesome game, and for €3.49 you can't miss it...

Borderlands -> only €4.99, also a must-have but then again, my PC is on the slow side for this...

Skyrim -> best game of the last few years for only €25?

Furthermore are Dead Island (€10.24) and Two Worlds II (€6.25) certainly recommendations...

and those flash deals of now :o

Ys Origins €6.39 and Knights of the Old Republic €2.24. Already got KotOR but def gonna buy Ys =)

I'm hoping for the price of Arma II to go down a bit. I need to play one of the zombie mods for it, but I'm still too cheap to pay 20 euros for a video game 8)

on the official site it's already cheaper (I believe 17.50 iirc), and yeah, that DayZ mod is looking awesome, though I don't think I got enough time to really get intoo that. Love watching some vids and reading stories of that mod on a Dutch site though xD

I was planning on buying Portal 2 and Fable III, hopefully last one will be on sale but I doubt it.

I believe the whole Fable-backlog is on sale now actually

niw, last day of the sale.

My purchases:

Ys Origin

Ys The Oath of Felghana

Pro Cycling Manager 2012

The Binding of Isaac

Freedom Force

Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich

Dungeons of Dredmor

Dungeons of Dredmor: Realm of the Diggle Gods

Cthulhu Saves the World

Breath of Death VII

Psychonauts

Costume Quest

Stacking

Haven't played most of it though

Ys Origin -> 7 hours

Pro Cycling Manager -> 6 hours

The Binding of Isaac -> 2 hours

and for those that really like action RPG's. Buy The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. It's only 2 euro and it's a really awesome game. Already bought it about 2 years ago via GOG.com and really loved the game

Borderlands GOTY

Stacking

Metro 2033

Dear Esther

Fallout NV Ultimate (It was cheaper than just buying the DLCs...)

I got off surprisingly easy! Mostly because I missed some stuff. I just might still pick up something, though. I can't believe I bought both Torchlight and the two first seasons of Sam & Max from GOG.com just few weeks before the sales. They would've been like 50% cheaper had I waited and bought them from Steam instead.

Oh, and one achievement away from the full badge ;__; I missed one whole day's worth of the sale polls.

I also got of somewhat cheap... most of the games were 1-5 euros or something. Only PCM2012 was 22.50 (with 50% off)

and I'm also missing one badge so far. Haven't voted 20 times yet... Guess I'm at 17 now, so maybe I could still make it 20 xD

I also got of somewhat cheap... most of the games were 1-5 euros or something.

I know! I mean, Metro 2033 and Dear Esther were both ~2€ (2.49 and 1.99 respectively). That's like, what, the price of a large bottle of Pepsi.

I almost bought the Civilization pack as well, it was so cheap (~25, the original price being 125). I've never had the patience to learn how to play Civs properly, so I managed to resist the urge to buy it after all.

Oh, and who says you can't play games on Linux? My Ubuntu PC runs all the games above pretty damn well on wine. The only problems I've had so far is a guy with a shining hat in Stacking, mouse stutter in menus in Metro (which in not even a Wine problem, but a problem in the game itself) and Borderlands chat input not working -- Steam chat works, so it doesn't really matter.

I'm hoping for the price of Arma II to go down a bit. I need to play one of the zombie mods for it, but I'm still too cheap to pay 20 euros for a video game 8)

on the official site it's already cheaper (I believe 17.50 iirc), and yeah, that DayZ mod is looking awesome, though I don't think I got enough time to really get intoo that. Love watching some vids and reading stories of that mod on a Dutch site though xD

It got to as low as 15 euros, but I forgot to buy it...

I ended up buying Just Cause 2, Mirror's Edge, Max Payne 2 and Knights of the Old Republic, all when they were reduced at 75%, so I only ended up spending around 13€. So I got off pretty well. :lol:

all classics =)

Mirror's Edge is imo one of the most overlooked games ever. Really loved it and played it multiple playthroughts just to beat my time xD

For entertainment this summer I bought online two Korpiklaani singles: Rauta and Metsalle (2,58 GBP) and preordered Korpiklaani Manala for 61 PLN (almost 18 $/ 15 Euro). It was a discount, and cheaper than thru official webstore (18 Euro) ^^

ok, not the summer sales, but the AUTUMN SALES started today...

EVERYBODY WHO HASN'T DONE IT ALREADY, BUY THE WALKING DEAD NOW, and did that need to be in caps, yes it did...

Bought the game just last thursday, so I kinda hate it's now on sale for €12.50, but that game is so fucking awesome .o. Much better than the TV series

and also bought Knights of the Old Republic II in the flash sales just now. Only €2.50. Guess I'm taking one beer less this weekend =)

And finally, if you haven't gotten LIMBO already, get it NAO. also only €2.50 in the flash sales right now

Sign in to follow this