Sign in to follow this  
taka

[Rock] Poets of the Fall

11029.jpg

OHP | myspace

okay, i just couldn't resist from making a topic about them [yeah, another finnish band] XD because it seems that only Neko and me are interested in POTF here and that's totally wrong. their music isn't hard, mostly calm but really catchy. with great vocal. well, better go and check yourself if you don't know them yet! =)

Poets of the Fall is a rock band formed in 2003 in Helsinki, Finland composed of singer Marko "Mark" Saaresto, guitarist Olli "Ollie" Tukiainen and keyboard-player Markus "Captain" Kaarlonen. They gained their first fame by recording a title theme of Max Payne 2, Late Goodbye. In June 2004 it was later released as a single and followed by Lift in September, which made the big hit. Their first album, Signs of Life was released in January 2005 and immediately went to the number one on Top40 list and spent there for more than a year. Their sophomore record Carnival of Rust was released in April 2006, preceded by a title track single, Carnival Of Rust, in March and bringing another hit. The next singles are Sorry Go 'Round and Locking Up the Sun. Both albums have reached platinum status in Finland.

The name, Poets of the Fall, comes from the idea that two opposites form a whole, ie. there isn't one without the other. "Poets" here represent the positive side and "the Fall" the negative. Of course, when you join these two concepts, the "Poets" starts to sound just a tad mischievious as well... depends, of course, on how you perceive "the Fall". You might see it as a beautiful crisp season and the "Poets" are its insightful architects...

glad you think so) but it would be much better if you got into them xD

i really like them for some reason. nothing super cool in fact, but hey, addicting <3

I was so tempeted to buy Carnival of Rust today, but it wasn't any cheaper than when it was released (which was unfair) I'll wait few more years and then buy it, lol xD

But yeah, they are prolly my fave finnish band atm :3

It makes me cry I was still underage this summer and couldn't get to Himos Festival, they performed there : (

And Himos is right next to my home town, so the distance wouldn't have been problem either.

My friend went, saw them, and told me that they were pretty good live performancers >-<

at least you tried to buy it, i never even bothered to *bad* ^^

that's cool. my fave finnish one at the moment is Entwine though, but POTF are like the second favorite =)

*wonders if anyone bothers about concert/festival audience's age in Russia :/*

i know Poets were giving a concert here as well (not in my home city). i know about it now but didn't know at the time of a concert so surely i missed it. let's cry on our bad luck together :'(

Crying on bad luck has been my fave hobby lately D:

(I freaking missed the gazetto performance too.. Or not yet, I could still go to drool in Helsinki watching the line of the lucky J-rockers ;_; I might also get a glimpse of those boyyys if I'd go there. And the reason I won't do that is exactly the same why I won't go to the performance itself. NOMONEY)

But I'll definately buy Carnival of Rust :3

Or make my parents buy it for me in Christmas ^^

And I'll go to see their live pefrormance as soon as it's possible.

And I think I could have gotten to that festival even for free if I had done some hiking ^^'

It was held in a local ski-resort (during summer ofc) so climbing there from the other side of the hill wouldn't have been that difficult xD

Didn't bother.

*cries*

EDITT::Just checked out their performance schelude.

They are working on new album *_*

*dies*

I LOVE them. They're really great ;3 The music is so...relaxing.

I remember when I heard them for the first time I thought they were some Scottish(lol) band or something.

They're a good live band. The first time I saw them was 2005 and after that I've seen them like...almost ten times XD The boys are sweet.

POTF is summer music for me. I just like to sit on our summer cottage's veranda and listen to them.

I have love and hate relationship this band

Late Goodbye was first song that I have listened by them

Sign in to follow this