Sign in to follow this  
Spike760

[METAL] Children of Bodom

I got my bodom Tickets for Warfield In San Francisco, Going with my Bf, anyone else going?

I kinda lol'd at "power metal". The first three albums are great. Hate Crew Death Roll was quite good too. But after Alexander Kuoppala left, they became utter bullshit.

I got my bodom Tickets for Warfield In San Francisco, Going with my Bf, anyone else going?

you lucky D: I don't like their recent works but I'd like to see them live.

This thread has been dead for too long.

Have you guys tried their newest album Halo of blood? I personally don't really like the singles, Halo of Blood and Transference, but there are a few nice songs in the album.

One bottle and a knee deep has one pretty badass riff in the beginning. Yes I actually enjoy the song only because of the riff but it's just sooo good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y32ieyjzXGU

Dead man's hand on you is the slowest song they've ever made and I'm really surprised I actually like the song even though I usually tend to only listen to the faster songs.

It's also super beautiful live. 2013 I saw them in Kivenlahtirock 2013 in Espoo, Finland (first gig they've ever played in their home town!) which was also the first concert of their Halo of Blood and in Circus Helsinki, Finland, and they played the song during the latter concert. It was great to see them play in a club.

About the two concerts I've attended - I could've never imagined how perfect they sound live. It's almost like listening to an album, except it's hella better live.

I just saw them live for the first time this Sunday and wow. Super blown away with their performance. It had been a while since I had been to a heavy show, but they killed it. I do agree that Halo of Blood is meh aside from Transference and Halo of Blood...

I used to be a really big fan of this band. Alexi Laiho is really badass IMO, but I feel his excessive drinking has taken a toll on his music over the years. Even though I have more or less stopped listening to melodic death metal and moved on to mostly VK and j-rock/metal, I still check out their newer releases every now and then. Honestly, I really liked the older songs a lot better. Angels Don't Kill and Sixpounder were definitely my favourites.

<3 Children of Bodom. I was introduced to them via Chris Cole's Battle Commander (Angels Don't Kill). 

They're farrr better than any other American band I know so far, at least in the Metal scene. I know they're Finnish but hey, they kill it! 

Guest lynchisizer

I also enjoy listening to Children Of Bodom :) Hatebreeder is an epic album, I also enjoyed Follow The Reaper, Are You Dead Yet and Relentless Reckless Forever, I still have to check out the other albums o=

Sign in to follow this