EXOK+EXOPLANET.png
EXO (Korean: 엑소) is a twelve-member South Korean-Chinese boy group under SM Entertainment, formed in 2012. The members consists of: Kai, Se Hun, Lu Han, Lay, Chen, Tao, Xiu Min, Cris, Jun Myun, Chan Yeol, Kyung Soo (D.O) and Baek Hyun. EXO-K consists of Kai, Se Hun, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, D.O and Suho. EXO-M consists of Luhan, Chen, Kris, Tao, Xiu Min and Lay.

EXO is divided into two subgroups, EXO-K and EXO-M, promoting in South Korea and China separately.

“The two new rookie groups that will be released by SM will debut at the same day, same time, and same song in both Korea and China.”

eQ9sTtXSDwo

KH6ZwnqZ7Wo

I was waiting for somebody to actually start a topic about them, but then I decided to make it myself. I think, albeit overhyped, their debut was a good start and the members got some awesome talent. EXO-K are more fierce, dancing-wise, and EXO-M are more delicate & gentle when it comes to singing, imo. So yeah. Discuss?

I don't really have a preference for one group, but I find myself listening to the Korean versions the most, even though I prefer the voices from EXO-M. Of course they're overhyped, after 31 teasers and it being an SM group the hype would be enormous. But indeed, their debut mini was good start and I liked all the songs on the mini. Not sure if I like them as much as I liked B.A.P's debut though. EXO is more polished, B.A.P is still a bit raw, if you get what I'm saying.

EXO and BAP can't really be compared in my opinion. Their styles differ too much.

About the dancing thing for K and singing for M, I don't really agree. The better dancers are at M. They have 4 (Tao, Luhan, Lay and Xiumin while even Kris is supposed to be a bboy) and K only has Sehun and Kai. M also has three all round members, and two great rappers. K has two vocalists, two dancers, one great rapper and then a leader I always forget that's there. Even though I like both minis and I don't really have a preference, M is where the talent is for me.

For instance, I love "Two Moons" in Korean. But I can't help but feel the quality of the song was pulled down because they let the youngest ones "rap" while they actually can't really rap compared to Chanyeol who's easily the best rapper SM has ever put out. The contrast between the three of them is just too big.

Can't wait to see what they'll come up with next but I feel like there's a too big difference between K and M. In K you see performances that aren't live most of the times, while with M they're giving you time closer to them so you can get to know them.

The rumor about M and K joining as EXO for Japanese promotions amuses me though.

lately stumbled over exo-k "mama" and loved every bit of it, but it took me a while to recognise those tons of teaser-trailers they've put out, and holy-unicorns-testicles hell this is awesome!

i'm sure SM pumps every single penny the can find into this exo-thing, and this shows.
without exception great songs (not all to my preferrence, but great nonetheless) no sloppy "pop-ballad 28b-II".
riddiculously cool dance-performances (mainly by that "kai-character" but the heck...)
and some really cool and interesting teaser settings (dancing with shadows, chased by car-gang, dancing with imaginary jacket-partner, ninja-swordfight-dancing etcetc...)

here all 23 of those trailers in one compilation

if their first real album sounds anything like the music in those teasers where about to expect an electro-/r'n'b-/hiphop(ish) - fest of epic proportions....

Same thing here. Basically, all I'm actually waiting for are tracks such as Let Out the Beast and Black Pearl. Wolf is amusing, so I'll take that one too.

So there will be two versions, Kiss and Hug? Kiss being Korean and Hug being Chinese? That confused me a bit since they seem to be promoting as one now and if I do buy the album I'll most probably buy the EXO-M version.

Previews sound pretty rad in any case, can't wait.

Edit: the Korean version of the album leaked completely (only Chinese song leaked is Wolf). EXO fans are raging all over the internet (tbqh I think it'll sound better in Chinese, like the MAMA album did too).

The new album was completely awesome! And I don't get all the hate towards Wolf on the internet, I loved it!! Waiting now for the Chinese version :P

i don't get the hate for wolf too... personally i think it's one of the albums best tracks if not the best.

album itself is solid, only had to delete 3 or four tracks, which is reasonable for a kpop-release, but it is nowhere near the groundbreaking flawlessness of their mama-mini. it's just another okay pop-album...

I liked the album too. Apart from like 2 somewhat boring ballads (Peter Pan and Baby) I thought it was a really good album. I find Wolf rather amusing, reminds me a bit of TWO MOONS (and I liked that one, so yeah). I'm actually more a fan of EXO-M than EXO-K so I definitely can't wait to hear the Chinese version :D

Same as most of you here. M is definitely more interesting than K, and it was the same for Wolf. Can't wait to hear the other songs in Chinese.

I mostly prefer the ballads when it comes to EXO-M. I feel like Luhan and Chen have very gentle, smooth voices that fit a lot better to the music of the ballad and therefore make it work better than the vocalists of EXO-K. I really like ANGEL in Chinese, but I don't listen to it much in Korean.