Ry:dia

193749.png

Member's:

Vo Rio

Gu taka

Ba masaki

Kb soh

Dr kouki

At first I never really got into them, but after listening to them a lot, I really like them. They have like kind of a stereotypical Visual Kei sound, with like the orchestral instrumentals, but I really like Rio's voice, he has some really good melodies, I liked Berallwarp Rheim a lot too.

What do you guys think?

they are okay the newer song is pretty cool and i like the second song on that single ...you know the one that doesn't end in notte... it has an epic vibe to it.

I like them all so far, I just found out about the 3rd one today because of Prism, but I really like it, it's kind of short though.

the thing is i forgot the first one rather quickly ...i already don't remeber what it sounds like =/ but the newer one and the 2nd on of the single i still remember

Oh, man.. I love this band. I don't know why. They are indeed very typical, but there's something about them that is really appealing. I got into them a few months ago and listened to thair single like crazy. Haha. I wish they had more material though. I think they have a lot of potential to grow. Rio's voice is really good.

I think they're rather new, or like really new. If you like them you should definitely check out Berallwarp Rheim which Prism posted in the Rare Downloads, I don't know who all was in it before Ry:dia, but Rio was. And yeah Berallwarp Rheim disbanded in 2006, so yeah.

...They don't sound typical AT ALL. Unless you think every band sounds like Phantasmagoria. Rakuchi gyouku hibi (if that's the slow one anyway, my tags were fucked up when I first got them) is far from typical.

There have been many bands who add the same elements as Ry:dia. Honestly, if they didn't have their keyboardist, Soh, they wouldn't be all that special.

It's not necessarily bad that they are very stereotypical sounding, considering they're still a new band. If we were to watch them grow, they would be a very good band. I think the one thing that makes that song unique is the opera voices. Not saying it's bad, but they still have room to grow and experiment with a style that would make you go, "Oh, that's Ry:dia!"

And I'm still not sure how that song title is romanized because there's been like 50 different ways, but I'm hearing Rio singing "ochiyuku hibi" in the song.

yup i have to agree with starla they do sound typical but it's not necessarily bad. they at least sound like they have room to grow though and be a really good. like she said they have yet to make something that makes one go "hey that's Ry:dia" but it's not bad they are still new.

I wouldn't say they're typical, but then again I don't listen to much kotekote kei, which is what it sounds like they're going for. Phantasmagoria did seem to have a similar sound as them though, and like they kind have like the orchestral thing that Jeniva has going... err MO I always forget how to spell it.

You people are fucking stupid to think that this band is "typical" jesus christ. Turn in your fucking ears.

:rolleyes: i really don't see how you can't say they're typical. there's nothing that really stands out about them as of yet and their sound has been done many times before T.T once again no one has said it's a bad thing...after all they sound pretty good and they have room to do better but i think you have to be full of it to think they sound oh so original =/

You people are fucking stupid to think that this band is "typical" jesus christ. Turn in your fucking ears.

Chill out. You're making yourself sound unintelligent by blowing a fuse over something completely small like this. No one has the same opinions. We aren't robots. Respect other people's opinions.

As doaseternity said, it's not a bad thing. You guys may see something special in them, but some people don't. This sound has been done plenty of times. I never said they sucked or anything. They do have potential.

Yeah it's kind of like how I am and this wave of the stereotypical neo vk bands, all the bands sound the same to a lot of people, like Sadie, lynch., meth., girugamesh, etc. but I still love them all in their own way, lol. xD

I love all stereotypical neo vk bands, lol. xD

The whole "omg all vk bands sound alike" thing is so annoying.

If a band make the usual music you used to like, you complain because "it's soooo uncreative"

If they try a knew kind of music, people say they've lost their originality (which their never had, if you listen to the j-rock fans)

Well, I like Ry:dia and I happen to have the ability to hear if it's them or Diru there are playing in my foobar, maybe I'm really cool? xD Okay, enough sarcasm

I have two songs by Ry:dia on my computer I think, and I like them n__n but I have not really any info about the band, except that the singer was in another band once, I have heard, but I don't really know anything about them either x:

Sign in to follow this