Sign in to follow this  
WhatIsYourObjective?

Best live band in your opinion?

I enjoy most of the bands I've seen live, but if I were to pick one I'm gonna go with Schwarz Stein. I've seen them 4 times (only 2 onemans), and they were just as awesome everytime. I think their music builds up a great atmosphere and both Kaya and Hora are very good at interacting with the fans.

As for recordings I'd say Malice Mizer, mostly the Merveilles concert, and also old Velvet Eden (first era). So sad I'll never get to see that live.

If I were to make a personal top 5 for bands I've seen, it would probably look something like this (in no specific order):

Ghost

Behemoth

Goblin

Gallhammer

Sigh

just sticking with VK right now 

the best live show you've been to 

Maybe top ?? since I've been to nearly 100 and it's hard to choose now

• 2013.5.18 Sel’m x cocklobin x Cat FisT coupling tour [disclose] vol. 2
  • 2013.8.31: サウイフモノ 3rd ワンマンクエスト「緊急ワンマンクエスト!!渋谷強襲!!火龍オーウェストを討伐せよ!」
  • 2013.11.9: Sel'm × cocklobin × CAT FIST【disclose】~final~ 
  • 2014.2.21: cocklobin 完結公演「DAPHNIS」
  • 2014.3.31: サウイフモノ~2nd Anniversary One Man Tour~ 勇者パーティー東名阪大行進
  • 2014.6.21: えんそくVSマイナス人生オーケストラ2マン『This is a サブカルチャー』 
  • 2014.12.3: ザアザア 始動ワンマン『感覚セカイ』
  • 2014.12.31: 12/31: えんそくCOUNT DOUN LIVE2014-2015 ~惡童は新春に向けて~
  • 2015.1.10: マイナス人生オーケストラ  ワンマンセミナァ
  • 2015.4/23: ザアザア主催イヴェント 『コワスギルクラスギル』
Sel'm also used to be so, so good live. I fell in love with them after seeing them 2013.05.18. For disclose tour it was basically two of the most amazing lives I've been to even if I wasn't hardcore into any of the bands I was there for. The chemistry was so good.

cocklobin's last live was amazing. 

XAA-XAA is always A++ so of course their first oneman was great. Their sponsored live also had really good chemistry and most of the bands that played were really good so that one is also up there.

Minus Jin-Say Orchestra is an amazing band--and way better live than recorded. It's always so fun and weird, so their oneman is definitely up there.

the best one you've ever seen (be it by internet, dvd etc.)

once again I can't choose just one (._.; )

• Souiumono (2012~spring 2014 timeframe) → It used to be a lot more fun... They had setlists that got everyone involved and it was easy to get into and it was a fun and exhausting (in a good way) experience. The most tired i ever left lives was after Souiumono. They were best at onemans, but lately they aren't considering setlists very well for that either....
  • Minus Jin-Say Orchestra → They are extremely consistent in quality and have never disappointed me. They change their setlists around regularly and I've always left loving them more than before. 
  • Belmosaic → They were so good, I'm still crushed about them being broken up.
  • XAA-XAA → Honestly, the most exciting band for me right now to go see. 
  • BugLug → I always see them and am blown away by just how good it is--especially since I'm not so big on recorded stuff
  • Ensoku → they're amazing. The end.
  • Sel'm (2013~fall? 2014) → After Souiumono, the most exhausted I've ever left a live is from Sel'm. They're so skilled and then it's just crazy how much we got down at their lives. I've heard it's gotten boring now that John is gone though... I haven't seen them in about a year however.

If I'm sticking with Japanese bands I've seen, the most memorable performance was The Pillows. They didn't really do anything in particular to make it my favorite; but the energy was strong there.

If I'm expanding it to all bands, then The Grateful Dead are easily the greatest live band to grace the Earth. Even post-stroke Garcia shows are of greater quality than most other acts I can think of. They did a show in August of '72 at the Old Renaissance Faire Grounds which is pretty killer. A part of the concert was recently released on DVD.

Karasuna Mei from Kuroyuri to kage is an amazing performer.

I also loved seeing LUNA SEA and Dir en grey live...... Mucc are also great. 

For western artists, a band that really made a great show was System of a down. Will never forget them lol. 

I enjoy most concert I go to, even if it's bands that are unknown for me. But the ones I mentioned have/had something special. 

the idea of concerts i'm still trying to give an idea on what its all about. the general idea for me at the moment is just to enjoy the music, environment atmosphere. When I think of a live show, its one of the most amazing experiences.

but anyways aside from what I think about concerts, I've only seen Ikue Mori. it was something different. i wanna say it was a frequency show. something im not really use to. really enjoyed the sounds.

best live on vid would be Les Rallizes Denudes. Just because its cool to see such an obscure band have live footage. The live footage of them playing Night of the Assassins is so cool. Everyone's chilling while it looks like theyre playing on the mountains. Beutiful

Sign in to follow this