Sign in to follow this  
sai

[Korean] SNSD (소녀시대)

Untitled6.png

SNSD (소녀시대)

소녀시대 / 少女時代 / Girls’ Generation is a nine member girl group from South Korea formed in 2007 by SM 엔터테인먼트. The group debuted on SBS Inkigayo on August 5, 2007, performing their first single, 다시 만난 세계 (Into the new world).

The members are (in order of official announcement): 윤아 (Yoona), 티파니 (Tiffany), 유리 (Yuri), 효연 (Hyoyeon), 수영 (Sooyoung), 서현 (Seohyun), 태연 (Taeyeon), 제시카 (Jessica) and 써니 (Sunny).

They are a multilingual group, with members that speak English, Chinese, and Japanese. Both Jessica and Tiffany were raised in America, HyoYeon traveled to Beijing in 2004, and SooYoung started out in the Japanese entertainment industry in the girl group route φ in 2004.

Many of the members were already recognizable to the Korean population before debut for their television commercials, magazine ads, and MCing on radio shows.

On August 1, 2007 SM Entertainment released the group’s first music video for their debut song 다시 만난 세계 (Into the new world).

Discuss :) I think they're more talented than most people believe them to be. Their last album "The Boys" was kind of disappointing for me, but I love their 1st Japan Album to death. I always think it's kind of a bummer that they get so much negative publicity because of Jessica and Tiffany being rude towards other celebrities. Watching the other girls I think that creates uneasy moments for them as well. They're also often referred to as horrible dancers, which is also quite a shame if you check out this:

B1f2DgZiTek

Seohyun kinda ruined it with that awful "Shawty" though. My personal favourite is Hyoyeon, but I think SM kind of forgets her all the time, despite her talents in dancing. Anyway, like i said: discuss!

I don't really care for them, I just wanted to say that I watched their two appearances/performances on US TV, and they were pretty cool! Congrats to them! :)

I like their songs Gee, Oh!, and Run Devil Run (and now The Boys too, I guess?) by the way. Catchy stuff. :3

Do their albums have lots of ballads? (like other SM groups) ...if not too many, I might check some out.

^ Depends. The Boys didn't have that much, but Oh! and the first one did. If you're looking for an all dance album by them you should try their first full Japanese album. It has no ballads, only up tempo songs :) It's in my best of 2011 album list as well, so that's really high for SNSD in my book. Their Japanese is pretty good as well. MV for said album here:

9gQs7damTIE

Hyoyeon always has me lol'ing at the end (she's the one on the utter left at the end part when they're walking away). damn bitches gonna hate.

I high recommend it! All songs are equally good.

^Don't forget to post your thoughts on it as well, if you'd like :) Yeah, that album was the reason I got into them in the first place, never thought they were anything special until they released this ilttle gem. I'm still waiting for my copy, it was shipped 13 days ago, but since our post office is lazy you can't count in the Sundays and Mondays xD I hope it arrives soon though!

i was wondering why there wasn't an snsd thread here! (but was too scared to create one in case i overlooked it haha)

their performance on letterman was rather awkward, but i loved it on kelly~ a bunch of better atmosphere for them. (・ ᴗ ・) although i still don't really like the song the boys (their first song i've disliked, actually) and think it's a mistake for them to debut in america with this song. ( ´_ゝ`) i just feel this kind of song does not suit their overall image.

tiffany is daniel radcliffe's favorite member lol.

^Don't forget to post your thoughts on it as well, if you'd like :)

Listened/listening to it, it's pretty okay. :) Nice songs and melodies. It's kinda what I expected, maybe a bit better (and you were right, not much slowing down here xD). It's just missing a tiny little bit of extra 'attitude' (or how to say it) that I like in my K-pop - I guess I'm more of an electro-hip-hop-influenced-pop fan (my fave girl group being 2NE1 is a good indicator xD). But it's all good!

Might check out their other stuff later, just for curiosity. ^^

SNSD Taeyeon, Tiffany & Seohyun unit "Taetiseo" new mini album "TWINKLE" will be released at 2012/05/02

[track list]

01.Twinkle

02.Baby Steps

03.OMG(Oh My God)

04.Library

05.안녕(Good-bye, Hello)

06.처음이었죠(Love Sick)

07.체크메이트(Checkmate)

08.MESSAGE FROM GIRLS' GENERATION

VVyCdEORLG4

Sign in to follow this