Sign in to follow this  
Augie1995

ViViD- Message single review

Going to give my thoughts on ViViD's new single, Message...

Message- I gotta say, at first, Message didn't really leave a good impression on me but over the time it started to grow on me and now I'm fond of it. The one thing I really love is the guitar melody by Reno in between verses where he is trilling and even how Ryouga joins in but on a higher scale note. 8/10

Ring- I don't know, I don't really like this song too much. It's got those fast sprinting guitars but this is more of a song for the times that I am having the best of days and usually what I want from these guys is something to pump me up or give me energy! This song is a bit to upbeat. I did however love the bass solo, the guitar solo that came after it was great as always but still, it sounds way too happy and usually I'm not against that but I just didnt like it here. 6/10

Vanity- Damn. Damn. DAMN! They get hit by some steroids of awesomeness here? Starts off with some nice palm muting riffs that transition into this sick tapping by Reno that I can't help but notice, and don't kill me for saying this, sounds exactly like The GazettE's COCKROACH right after the breakdown. Hell, count the beats and sing what Ruki sings and it fits perfectly as well. Anyways, this song is really fast and strong, has some of Shin's rapping and little digital sounds to Shin's voice added for the pre-chorus which was all right. The chorus is absolutely tantalizing here and I love it! Oh my God, the guitar solo was just ear-gasmic. Sounded insanely nice and the little effects were insane, the Reno speeds up and hits you with some gnarly shredding! Finishes off with that great chorus and some nice riffs! 10/10

I give this single and overall 8/10, Ring didn't do much for me but I actually enjoyed this single well enough. I want more stuff from them like Vanity in the future!

Short review:

What on earth were they trying to do here? It's generic as fuck (which doesn't always have to be a bad thing, but with ViViD I've come as far that it's now a giant turn-off), boring and absolutely nothing is going on or gives the song any meaning. I can't even sit through it fully. 3/10

Ring

This was something rather different from what I've been hearing from them lately, which actually should be good. However, it's not. It's boring and doesn't seem to have any kind of power. Shin's vocals also sound very bland in here. This just doesn't work, sorry. 5/10

Vanity

ViViD attempts once again to make this cool hip-hop heavy song with rapping. Forget it guys, WBA was as good as you could get. This just doesn't do anything, just like the previous tracks. 5/10

Overall: 4.5/10

I think that at this point I'll stop listening to these guys until they put out an album, if this ever happens.

Message - I just feel like I've already heard this song a million times. It drags on and Shin's crooning is at 100%. The guitars and the beat are nowhere near interesting. It's boring. Wow what a terrible guitar solo. It's not even cute. 1/5

Ring - I just feel like I've already heard this song a million times. It drags on and Shin's crooning is at 100%. The guitars and the beat are nowhere near interesting. It's boring. Wow what a terrible guitar solo. It's not even cute. 1/5

Vanity - OK this is terrible. Normally I enjoyed their forays into rap rock. Like WBA and Chronikuru etc. (They are all essentially the same song anyway.) Holy shit. This is terrible. I wish it were a little bit better because it doesn't really sound like something I've heard before cause I haven't really heard anything this lame before. His English is pretty alright too. 0/5

I don't really get this single. Especially since I kind of liked the b-sides of FAKE. I feel like maybe they didn't wanna put much money into this single and save up a bit more for the next? I mean. The crappily done artwork was kind of a little hint there. The PV was terrible. But then again all their recent pvs have been terrible. (Seriously, Shin lost the ability to lip sync some how. I don't really get it.) Their outfits aren't even interesting. The songs are terrible. They seriously haven't been any fun since they went major. ;__;

Sign in to follow this