Ito

Winter X Games

Holy crap, I didn't think anyone would reply to this!

TBH, I nearly cried during the tribute. Honestly, when I found out she went in to a coma after the accident, I was shocked. But I know Sarah was a fighter, and we have seen people recover (Kevin Pearce namely). I was sad, but deep inside, I thought she would recover. When I heard about her death, I was blown away. Just...I don't know...I was just crushed. Sarah was probably the first female skier that I thought was amazing...and I still do. Everytime I watched MSP's Yearbook video, I would always watch her section, which is more than I can say about most other female skiers. She was an amazing skier and an amazing person. It was truly incredible to see the community come together in remembrance the way the did for her.

Ok, on to happier things.

Men's skiing slopestyle:

Tom Wallisch freaking killed it. The top of the wall slide 450 out blew my mind and it was great to see him rewarded so well for the rails sections.

Snowboard big air:

The jump blew chucks, but I was impressed as hell to see the triples thrown. Sad Halldor didn't make it in to the finals. His Lobster flip was fucking cooler than any triple, wish he would have landed it band.

Not at X, but still awesome:

7EhxqfmBZY0

Skiing pipe:

WTF ABC in my area didn't fucking show it >:o

Really bummed I missed out. Kinda glad Kevin Rollad didn't get gold again. I like seeing the rookies in there as well,

Snowboard Slopestlye:

Inono, I kinda zoned for this one and ESPN threw in a ton of commercials, so I missed a bunch of it. The boarders seems a little more stale on the rails than the skiers imo. Still was a lot of fun to watch.

Skiing big air:

Henrik got robbed as always (oh well). Kai killed it, though I would have put Jossi in front of him. Jossi just sent it so hard in the finals and somehow managed to stomp things so nicely...he has such a nice mixture of tech and style. Bobby really did kill it though.

On another note. The jump freaking blew. The run in needed to be steeper since there was the trouble with speed. But the main problem in that the landing was to short and mellow. It looked really floaty, but with like no pop. The skiers had to nearly flat bottom to throw most of the tricks they wanted. They should steal Jon Olsson's jump from JOI, which is a way better design.

Sammy C's crash was awful. The dude is one of my favorites, and watching him pop his knee like that was terrible. I hope it isn't a season ender. He always has a ton of really solid edits over the course of the season, it would be such a shame to have that wrecked by a shitty ass jump.

Looking forward to skier X and Snowboard piper tonight (Fuck Shaun White though lol).

LOL! You just never know. I love watching X Games. Both Summer and Winter.

I do have to agree with everything that you said expect for the fact that I could have watched Skiing Pipe but I completely forgot that it was one due me running around like my head got cut off. I noticed that actually a lot of Rookies did very well this year compared to the seasoned Vets.

Yeah Sammy's crash had me cringing. And that jump was shitty. One of the worst that I have ever seen X Games use.

Skier X is always fun to watch.

And hey I am a fan of Shaun's, lol, although he might not be competing because of his ankle. He did already pull out of other events. But I think that he is still going to compete considering that they doctors said that it was safe for him to.

You might not like Shaun White, but he is amazing at what he does. How many other snowboards can you say can get a perfect score? I can't wait and see what will happen at Sochi in 2012 with the addition of snowboarding to the Olympics.

y43FolFlY78

You might not like Shaun White, but he is amazing at what he does. How many other snowboards can you say can get a perfect score? I can't wait and see what will happen at Sochi in 2012 with the addition of snowboarding to the Olympics.

y43FolFlY78

Shaun deserved to win, he didn't deserve a perfect score. I don't care how big he hucks his first hit, it is still a straight air, and he didn't deserve a perfect score. I still feel like the judges ride his dick so hard...his second run score didn't deserve a 95, especially when Iouri Podladtchikov had such a clean and tech run. Shaun White would have beaten him with his last run, but I think Iouri's last run was for sure better than SW's second run.

As for the Olympics, Snowboarding already was in (just not Slopestyle). It is skiing that they are adding for 2014 in Sochi. I am excited for it, but we got a little bit before then lol.

Snowboard best trick was a mix of awesome and omg. That one dude breaking himself on the double backflip...it looked even worse than Sammy's crash (BTW, his season is done, but he is not going to need surgery). The front flip was pretty cool though, and it was awesome to see all of the riders so excited about it.

Also, do you ski or board, or do you just enjoy watching all of this stuff? XD

Shaun deserved to win, he didn't deserve a perfect score. I don't care how big he hucks his first hit, it is still a straight air, and he didn't deserve a perfect score. I still feel like the judges ride his dick so hard...his second run score didn't deserve a 95, especially when Iouri Podladtchikov had such a clean and tech run. Shaun White would have beaten him with his last run, but I think Iouri's last run was for sure better than SW's second run.

As for the Olympics, Snowboarding already was in (just not Slopestyle). It is skiing that they are adding for 2014 in Sochi. I am excited for it, but we got a little bit before then lol.

Snowboard best trick was a mix of awesome and omg. That one dude breaking himself on the double backflip...it looked even worse than Sammy's crash (BTW, his season is done, but he is not going to need surgery). The front flip was pretty cool though, and it was awesome to see all of the riders so excited about it.

Also, do you ski or board, or do you just enjoy watching all of this stuff? XD

Shaun threw down one of his trick that only one other person do and then added onto to it. He is an inventor for snowboarding. And yes Ipod did have an amazing run as well, and I will admit that. I am also bias towards Shaun because I have liked him since he first came onto the scene.

And I forgot that they already had an event for snowboarding in the Olympics. That was my mistake lol. I play more attention to hockey and figure skating in the Olympics.

Snowboard best trick was awesome. I love watching what these guys and girls can do. I give them a lot of props for being able to rick their body the way the don. Knowing that one wrong move can end their career. [And I am glad to here that Sammy is going to be ok.] It is always nice to see new tricks added and tried on a snowboard but I just wonder how far it is going to go and how badly they will get injured if something was to go seriously wrong.

I ski and I am learning snowboarding but I do not have the coordination for it. lol. I prefer to stick to playing Ice hockey like I have done for most of my life.

Changed the title so I can keep on talking about the X Games this year.

Currently watching the Snowboard big air...man, this is getting kind of boring. I don't really find triples to be that interesting when they are the only things seemingly getting points.