Sign in to follow this  
clow_eriol

London shopping

I'm planning to travel to london, then I wanna ask if someone knows any shop arround london where I can buy japanese music, manga, merchandise etc... Also some great place to visit :D

thanks! :dansu:

I can't tell you any places where they have merchandise, but HMV sells manga and European editions of Japanese CD's. That's as far as I can help you with that.

A few spots you should visit in London include the regular spots: Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace etc. Buckingham Palace has "Changing of the Guards" at a certain time, and that's kind of nice to watch as well. Traveling by subway is also really nice, it's a great way to get around and the London underground is incredibly safe. I also recommend a walk through Hyde park, you can find some nice memorials there as well.

When it comes to dinner I suggest you have dinner at Sticky Fingers at least once. Sticky Fingers is the restaurant of ex-Rolling Stones member Bill Wyman. The entire restaurant is decorated with Rolling Stones records, bass guitars and electric guitars. There are some nice posters in there as well and you can even buy the official shirts the staff wears (I did :) ) Most of the staff are more alternative types with tattoos and piercings (they don't mind people wearing them) and the prices are acceptable for a London restaurant. Try their burgers, they're amazing. If you're not full after, try their desserts, those are also amazing!

sticky-fingers-restaurant.jpg

And most importantly, have fun !

There should also be a small manga/comic store not that far from China Town. And yes, apart from HMV, I wouldn't know where else to buy CDs or anything either :) Most of the big bookstores do have a manga collection!

Have fun! :D

Sign in to follow this