Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Kittie

3.jpg

Kittie is a Canadian heavy metal band formed in London, Ontario in 1996. A quartet of women, the group rose to success in 1999 when the track "Brackish" from their debut album Spit became a hit single. The band has toured with multiple famous acts, including Slipknot during the early 2000s on their UK tour.

I love these gals. Ever since I heard Spit I became a fan. It’s probably one of the best things written by fourteen year-old’s. IMO it’s probably one of the best metal albums by an all female metal band. Tears down most modern day metal stuff by female fronted bands. They may have been seventeen year-old who dressed like goths back then, but the music on Spit is dirty, dark and above all else heavy. Love stuff like Paperdoll, Charlotte and the classic Brackish.

They’re new stuff is good, but they’ve taken a more death metal direction. Morgan growls better, but I feel the band has fallen into common death metal pit. Where the music is good, but it doesn’t really offer something new. I guess you can be the judge of that.

Awesome Early Kittie

Kittie - Brackish

rZzgLtiTEZE

More Modern Day Kittie

Kittie - Cut Throat

rsuTuAVJrF8

rZzgLtiTEZE

This is somewhat a little embarrassing to admit but during my moody teenage angst gawf phase I cut my hair like the lead singer's. I mean it's not that bad of a hair cut, I recently had a similar cut like that last year. I guess it's just embarrassing because I had it done specifically because of this lady.

LOL, listening to Brackish again took me back many years....ah, nostalgia! :mrgreen: I never was too big on them, only casually listened to their stuff then and now, they're not bad. I agree that in their old days they were more unique/outstanding kinda.

They're O.K, i didn't hear much of them after Oracle.

In fact, Oracle is the last CD of them that i bought.

I remember hearing the remake of Run Like Hell by them on a radio one night.

And swooned by it, and i bought SPIT and Oracle the next day.

This is somewhat a little embarrassing to admit but during my moody teenage angst gawf phase I cut my hair like the lead singer's. I mean it's not that bad of a hair cut, I recently had a similar cut like that last year. I guess it's just embarrassing because I had it done specifically because of this lady.

I think it's cool looking. Actually for some reason it reminded of Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop at first glance.

432168-faye.jpg

You can sorta of see some of the resemblance.

They're O.K, i didn't hear much of them after Oracle.

In fact, Oracle is the last CD of them that i bought.

I remember hearing the remake of Run Like Hell by them on a radio one night.

And swooned by it, and i bought SPIT and Oracle the next day.

Yeah, I found there cover of Pink's Floyd Run Like Hell pretty cool. Oracle was pretty decent too, but you could already tell their was a significant departure from their sound on Spit which will forever be my fav album by them.

I actually prefer some of their more recent melodic work over most of their death metal stuff. Though they can successfully pull off some broOtal tunes.

I actually intrigued to try their recent works now.

I am gonna try to check it out soon. The YT sampler up there is alright sounding :>

I think it's cool looking. Actually for some reason it reminded of Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop at first glance.

xxx

You can sorta of see some of the resemblance.

I think it's because I associate it with the terrible 90s :D

I actually intrigued to try their recent works now.

I am gonna try to check it out soon. The YT sampler up there is alright sounding :>

I recommend In the Black. It's the first album with their current lineup since they gone through a ton of bass and guitar players in the past. It's my second favorite album by them. It's got no filler. Then again they've never made a bad album.

Sign in to follow this