Sign in to follow this  
Kaito-sama

Fear. and Loathing in Las Vegas - Just Awake

vpcc-82303.jpg?w=400&h=400

Ive been waiting too long for this, here we go...

1. [Just Awake] - This song goes back to what everyone likes about F&LILV , intense upbeat lyrics with electronic undertones, and they don't fail to deliver. It opens with some nice mid-paced vocals, throw in a little bit of piano for the lulz, then moves on to that beautiful growling. It's almost as if the busted pac-man machine at your local arcade teamed up with a random Children of bodem member, and they went clubbing...this would be unintentional win in the morning xD ...needless to say, nicely done. 7/10

2. [break Out Your Stained Brain] - Honestly, this is probably the better track out of the two. Nice technical intro with some sweet guitar riffs, then they move onto a powerful screaming bit. What's so nice about this, is how it changes into almost dubstep at times. Old VG sound effects with overlaying screaming is just..nice. Then the piano/rock finish gives it a sort of epic feel. 9.5/10

This single is quite good for me, but to be honest this single doesnt left any special impression as their old stuffs did to me, nevertheless it is still enjoyable.

- Just Awake the only thing i dont like from this song is that some of the lyrics is written in Japanese, which i actually prefer if they write in English as they used to, overall is good tho, i love the jazzy part in the middle of the song)

- Break Out Your Stained Brain starts with their usual and standart style, it turned impressive from 1:55 till the end)

Overall : 8/10

Pretty standard release from them, catchy but nothing amazing and I'm not sure which is the better track

Just awake: Theres not really much to say about this track, it's their standard sound but shows they've perfected their style and whoever composes the synth pieces is a genius, I love the little jazz part and how the song throws out all sorts of different elements but manages to blend them well with each other. 2.25-2.40 sounds epic in my opinion but the only part that lets the song down is the part around 1.50 where they speed up a bit, the drums seem out of time and the synth makes it sound messy and clustered- 7/10

Break out your stained brown: I hate the intro to this just because it sounds so generic and like something metallica would release, though it gets a lot better when the synth comes in. This is definantly the heavier of the 2 and I suppose outlines the 2 genre's that this band jump between, You've either got the poppy dancy stuff with some screaming or the fast heavy guitar based tracks with a lot of screaming. The bit at 2.30 is just immense and sounds like a chrono trigger boss battle, which just gives this song a load more points

7/10

So yeah overall not a bad release, you know what to expect from these guys but you know they'll do it well and maybe throw in a few new/unexpected pieces into songs

Sign in to follow this