Sign in to follow this  
sai

Ghost in the Shell

sanstitrecc3.png

Ghost in the Shell

So, anyone who watched the anime/movies? Apparently the movie rights for a live-action 3D movie have been sold to Dreamworks, and Steven Spielberg will be making this movie. What are your thoughts on this, since most American movie remakes of Japanese animes have the tendency to turn out horribly (Avatar the last Airbender, Dragonball).

I watched the two movies a couple of times, loved them. :) I began watching the first SAC series a long time ago but somehow stopped after a few episodes (no particular reason)...but seeing this topic pop up now makes me wanna watch it again, all the way. xD

Also, I'm a big fan of the manga, beautiful work! One of the few mangas I own physically.

Not sure how I feel about that live-action stuff...

I own all 3 movies, both of the animes and the soundtrack so obviously I'm a big fan of the series. I was excited about the live action movie but I'm also worried about it since Hollywood tends to fuck live action movies. I liked that they have Steven Spielberg as director but if they make a live action one it's going to be challenge to say the least. Not just because of the special effects involved, but because they need a good quality plot and script. Especially for a series like this that revolves heavily on dialogue and touches upon political, social and philosophical topics. I think casting will also be hugely important to get the right actor to accurately portray the main characters. Then of course they have to capture that futuristic cyberpunk world. Usually in order to properly pull of the live action movies a lot of things need to be pulled off right and in this case everything needs to be right, which just means there's a whole bunch aspects where it can fail.

I've wondered, now that they're making this movie...

Who the hell are they going to cast for Major Kusanagi? I hope they'll stay traditional and choose an Asian woman. She doesn't have to be an Asian actress, as long as she looks Asian (or even remotely Asian). I think Maggie Q would be a good choice.

Nikita-maggie-q-cable-gir-006.jpg

But if it would come down to a caucasian actress (since Maggie Q looks rather young) I'd love to see Stana Katic as major Kusanagi.

1309218796castle-page-id.jpg

^ to me ethnicity doesn't matter. But whoever plays the major definitely has to have that strong leader, bad ass vibe. Same thing with Batou. i could see Stana Katic as Kusanagi though. I'm also curious if the movie would be exclusively adapted from the characters in the SAC series, the movies or manga.

i first saw Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex when Animax is new and all their animes are japanese audio together with Texhnolyze. i have never read the manga yet. i also like the opening theme of the series.

Everybody knows Arithmetica looks good enough to contend with being the Major.

No but seriously though, she does.

LOL Arithmetica for Major Kusanagi! Send your votes to DreamWorks.

@Pandabear. Spielberg said it would be an adaption of the original manga. He also has James Cameron working on the movie, so far as I know.

I can't stand that thay rape Ghost in the Shell whit that live-action shit,

But I LOVE Ghost in the Shell , orginal movie was so cool but other movies are so booring but Stand Alone Complex was okay on my book

WHY HAVE I NEVER COMMENTED HERE!!!???? D:

Anyhow, GITS:SAC is one of my absolute favorite series of all time. I heard the osts first (like 2004/2005), but didn't actually bother to watch the series until 2007. Since then, I've rewatched both seasons a shitload of times - srsly. :lol:

I've also watched Solid state society a few times, but It kinda dragged along at times. The first 2 original movies are good, but I enjoy the fleshed out characters/universe of the series much more.

Also, has anyone been keeping up with GHOST IN THE SHELL ARISE?

The first 2 OVAs have been great so far - seeing the origins of section 9 is pretty fun. I'm not crazy about the OST tho...cornelius did a good job, but he didn't really create an OST that I'd listen to..."stand alone" :P

Sign in to follow this