Sign in to follow this  
futoshi92

Nirvana

Nirvana-fot.-Universal-Music-PL.jpg

I've just decided to make another thread of my favourite bands, this time for Nirvana. With them I started listening to rock, I was 12 back then (I know that in fact they were grunge, but I just didn't know exact genre names back then :mrgreen: ).

I love their "Nevermind" material the most, since almost everyone got into them with their "Smells Like Teen Spirit" hit. Many songs from In Utero like Rape Me or Heart-Shaped Box also belong to my favourites. Bleach is great as well, but yeah, Nevermind is definetly the masterpiece! I'm currently reading a book about Kurt's biography and band's history in general.

Now let's discuss about this legendary band!

I'm not a regular listener of them, but I like them pretty much (don't care if it's 'overrated' or whatever).

My fave has to be the Bleach and Nevermind albums, I think.

i got introduced with their music by my cousin, In Utero is the album that got me interested.

Their music had significant impact to my youth.

It is great being an angry teenager with this band music accompanied me everywhere i go, on my discman.

But past that phase i became to think their impact to rock music are more to their attitude than their music. Especially their frontman antics.

Which made this band gained legendary status.

And they were having backlash in a way by havin a frontman that were bigger than the band itself.

And just like QUEEN when losing Mercury, when Cobain dies, in de facto Nirvana is also dies.

But still, they probably the best example of how less is more.

Btw whatever happened with Novoselic?

I didn't hear much of him after sweet 75or something like that.

Not in major scale anyway. He kinda dissapeared, doesn't he?

Sign in to follow this