Sign in to follow this  
futoshi92

Limp Bizkit

902141.jpg

Limp Bizkit is an American rapcore/nu metal band from Jacksonville, Florida. The band’s line-up consists of Fred Durst (lead vocals), Wes Borland (guitar), Sam Rivers (bass), John Otto (drums) and DJ Lethal. Limp Bizkit has been nominated for three Grammy Awards and have won several other major awards. The band has sold an estimated 35 million albums worldwide.

Formed in 1994, the band achieved mainstream success with their second studio album, Significant Other, released in 1999. Their third studio album, Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water, released in 2000, continued the band’s success. The album sold 1.05 million copies in its first week, making it the fastest-selling rock album ever, breaking the record held for 7 years by Pearl Jam’s Vs.

Mike Smith was brought in as a replacement guitarist, following the departure of Wes Borland in 2001, for the fourth studio album, Results May Vary, released in 2003. Borland rejoined the band in 2004 for the release of an EP, The Unquestionable Truth (Part 1) but departed again. He rejoined the band in February 2009. With Borland, Limp Bizkit recorded their first full length album with their original line-up in ten years, Gold Cobra.

Since everybody is making threads about their all the time favourite bands, than hey, why shall I not do the same? :mrgreen:

I've been Limp Bizkit fan since around 2006. And attended at their live in Szczecin Rock Festival 2009 as one of my most unforgettable life moments and official return of them. Overall I think that DJ Lethal and Wes are in this band are the most badass. Gold Cobra album as a comeback was really good, however Chocolate Starfish will be always for me noted as thier biggest masterpiece, can't really decide which is my 2nd favourite though lol. Anyway, does anyone there listens to Limp Bizkit? If yes share your thoughts :)

Used to be a bigger fan when I was still a kid :P My father was a huge fan of them and has seen them live multiple times before. I haven't been able to see them yet but i think that after all these years, I'd still go and watch them.

Nothing better than "My Generation", "Take a Look Around", "Boiler", "Rollin'" and any of those other typical Limp Bizkit songs though :P

Well still listening to them every now an then.

I miss when they were raw and shit like in Three Dollar Bill, Yall$

their 4th album (the one with green cover art) was bad ugh and their remix album, too.

Fred Durst may be the worst vocalist ever and have the potty mouth but

he also got great stage skills, very captivating every time i saw them Live.

His energy is contagious whenever performing.

Well they have always been more to a Live band than recording.

so it's not that bad LOLOLO

btw that picture is old, Borland has been reuniting again with them for Gold Cobra D;

and gold cobra is so Limp Bizkit if you know what i mean LOLOL

here is new picture

btw that picture is old, Borland has been reuniting again with them for Gold Cobra D;

and gold cobra is so Limp Bizkit if you know what i mean LOLOL

I think I can know :) Gold Cobra has a lot elements bringing the vibe from their past albums like Significant Other and mixing it up in really good way, since there always was a diversity between each album. As for Results May Vary, I also wasn't a big fan originally, however after a few listenings it grew on me. $3 Bill grungy sound was even at some aspects brought back at The Unquestionable Truth.

I will agree a lot about Fred Durst having high crowd contacting skills, since he entered into communication with crowd in Szczenin a lot. Surely, not only there but overall he was really impressed with the local moshpit madness :mrgreen: If it's about his voice, I really wouldn't say, he sounds any bad, just sometimes kinda "hardcore punk-ish", but overall I've always loved how he showed his craziness like in "Leech" or "Show Me What You Got" :)

Anyway, often keep looking for some news about them but like with Maximum the Hormone, so far there aren't any yet, because I've somewhere red that they have in plans make next album, so I'd be already interested what sound would they show that time :)

I bet they would have did tons of works since they were getting together last year or so.

Wouldn't be too surprising if they could release new albums soon.

But i hope they would make these raw materials becoming something great.

Although Gold Cobra is good,

it is not good enough for them to get the second wind in the music industry.

I mean, they haven't been heard so much this year either.

Even just for radio and TV performance promoting new album and stuffs like that.

They need to make something that really stand out,

so people would turn their heads at their direction again.

btw is this news about them working with Lou Reed true or hoax?

The next album after Gold Cobra, so far that's an assumption, but if it's already planned, I would expect any more exact news at the earliest around last quarter of the following year. As for the raw material u mean the recordings form 3 Dollar Bill or Mental Aquaducts? John Otto excelled there a lot, that's what caught my attention the most :)

I'd agree about them haven't been heard enough these times, I think that's could be because the style isn't now popular like in 2000-2003. However I've heard them this year on a rock radio channel about nine times, where the speaker always mentioned comeback of Limp Bizkit. Like you, still think that they can make another really outstanding album too.

That news with colaboration with Lou Reed, hmmmm.... haven't heard this rumor it till now :mrgreen:

The fresh news from the beggining of the year:

According to what Fred said on his Twitter right there, that this year we can expect 3 new releases, namely next studio album, the Unquestionable Truth Part 2 and live DVD. Sounds really suprising, but let's see how Limp Bizkit will fulfill their New Year plans :mrgreen:

Sign in to follow this