Sign in to follow this  
ronluna

Internet Speeds and Costs Around The World

tumblr_lu81vvPIFN1qaw9hco1_500.jpg

:x :x mad at pldt

Compared to the rest of the world, this is how the Philippines ranks in Internet connection speed: download speed, 137th at 1.5Mbps; upload speed, 134th at 0.47Mbps.

:cry: :x :x

I know a lot of people (in the US at least) like to shit a brick over this but just look at how big the US is. There's still a lot of places here that don't even have Internet yet, some people all they can get is just dial up because they live in such remote locations. Don't get me wrong, I don't have much love for the monopoly some of these providers have over here and wish I had more options than just Comcast and Quest. Just that people also need to stop and take into consideration the geography of this country and that it is also skewing the numbers.

^ Agreed with this.

The only reason why that number is as big as it is in respect to how much of the nation has Internet percent-wise, it's because the metropolitan areas have ridiculously fast Internet speeds. A lot of firms and companies need that speed, so the ISP's give it to them and then extend their services to the areas around them to keep competition away. I'm at a college right now in the middle of nowhere. They're considered technologically advanced around these parts and we get maybe 20~25 MB/s. Back in New York City, I can easily get 100~150 MB on a bad day, 400 MB if I'm on in the middle of the night. If you don't factor in the big cities like New York and Los Angeles, that number would drop a lot.

to have fast internet connection is always fun,

but at the worst, i am still best cos i still have internet.

Though it doesn't get slowed down so much often as it used to be now.

But either way, everyday i'm shufflin' and am fine with that.

Sign in to follow this