Sign in to follow this  
Peace Heavy mk II

Dennis Ritchie has died

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3787 ... _At_70.php

A bit late, but someone whose dramatically important to the computing industry has died and literally got next to no attention from anyone because they were too busy worry about whether the iPhone 5 comes with a microwave app or not.

Probably only Zess and Ito will understand what's up with this, but kudos to everyone else who does :V

Hint: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_C- ... _languages

The simple fact is that Jobs was a flashy leader, he did things that brought him all sorts of attention...

Obviously the same can not be said of Ritchie. He was really more of a behind the scenes guy, which pretty much is the same as his product. I mean, ask someone on the street if they know what an iphone is, I think we obviously know what the answer is there. Do the same for C and you will probably get the response of either "A letter" or "what?" Hell, you could probably do the same thing for Unix and most people would be like wtf are you talking about.

He will be missed by the people who really care, and that's what matters.

The simple fact is that Jobs was a flashy leader, he did things that brought him all sorts of attention...

Obviously the same can not be said of Ritchie. He was really more of a behind the scenes guy, which pretty much is the same as his product. I mean, ask someone on the street if they know what an iphone is, I think we obviously know what the answer is there. Do the same for C and you will probably get the response of either "A letter" or "what?" Hell, you could probably do the same thing for Unix and most people would be like wtf are you talking about.

He will be missed by the people who really care, and that's what matters.

This. He doesn't need a funeral procession of last-minute fans with a diamond-studded chariot pulling his coffin in order to validate the effect he has had on the world.

Sign in to follow this