Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

exist†trace American live tour

Don't visual bands usually lose money when they tour abroad? I don't think they're big enough to fill up a venue here and they're not even hitting the "usual" spots...what's up with this?

I'm hoping that those "usual" spots begin to include NYC and other local areas. I don't understand why bands only go to L.A. and Dallas (really, why would you go there? It's not even a centralized location in terms of the entire country, so I'm at a loss as to what logic is being used to justify that just about every "US Tour" is only in Texas).

perhaps because L.A got pretty large Japanese community.

but doesn't NYC also have regular batch of Japanese artist or groups performing also?

not sure about Dallas, perhaps the same reason with L.A

Son, I am dissapoint. :roll:

Any Chinese or Japanese band that doesnt hit Seattle, WA is losing out. Would love to see Exist Trace.

Man, if only I could win the lottery, I would promote the Asian version of Wacken here in the Northwest. :rawk:

Any Chinese or Japanese band that doesnt hit Seattle, WA is losing out. Would love to see Exist Trace.

Man, if only I could win the lottery, I would promote the Asian version of Wacken here in the Northwest. :rawk:

They came to Seattle last year :P

Only if they would come to Canada...

Only if they would come to Canada...

If you're in the Vancouver B.C. area, just a two hour drive south and you're in Seattle. :D

Don't visual bands usually lose money when they tour abroad?

Depends on their arrangements I guess. I worked (very shortly) for a german tour promoter, and their deal was to pay for all expenses, including flight for the bands, and in turn the band basically played for free, though they could make some money from selling their merch after the shows. So it was pretty riskless for the band. And I heard it's not such an uncommen arrangement.

I would have tried to go if they came near me, but it seems that no bands I like do. Time to move to Europe I say!

Late on this. I'll be going to the New York show. I'm also surprised they're touring overseas, but I'm not complaining. And I always figured bands hit L.A and Texas the most simply because it's a lot closer to Japan.

Late on this. I'll be going to the New York show. I'm also surprised they're touring overseas, but I'm not complaining. And I always figured bands hit L.A and Texas the most simply because it's a lot closer to Japan.

Texas close to Japan? What the hell map are you using?

Actually, when I lived in Houston I was always pissed that no one ever came there, seemed like it was always West Coast, New England, and Canada. Metal says to hell with the Midwest and South, which is why I got the crap out of there.

Now... just a little further to Seattle...

details of their live in New York and Philadelphia are as follows:

2012/03/18 - Hiro Ballroom, New York

2012/03/20 - Starlight Ballroom, Philadelphia

Found out some more details for the NYC show. Tickets are $25 and VIP ones are $45. I thought the price for the VIP tickets were great, but then I found out the only real advantage is that you get into the show 15 minutes before anyone else does. So I guess the extra 20 dollars is to get a chance to be right in front of the performance and to buy the"limited" amount of merch before anyone else does.

What I did like was the fact the band is doing a 1 hour and a half one man show. So no opening acts. And they'll be doing a signing for all the fans after the show.

Sign in to follow this