Sign in to follow this  
A-GEN

Sadie -- Rosario

Thoughts?

Rosario -- chorus and solo = Different Sense but the rest of it holds its own. Definitely my favorite Sadie track especially because they were slumping HEAVILY over the last few singles 9/10

SUICIDAL ROCK CITY -- Intro of Vortex, sections of MUCC songs like Daikrai, kind of unoriginal especially with entire sections from other songs ripped from it. The chorus is pretty catchy though! 6/10

Break The Silence -- sounds like a riff you would hear from a band like Red, Flyleaf, or Evanesence. Though it's certainly pretty fresh for the band. Awesome song. 9/10

Overall: though lacking inherent originality, this single pleases!

1. Rosario - Not that catchy as i thought it would be but quite cool, and interesting 8/10

2. Suicidal Rock City - Could have been better.. 6/10

3. Break the Silence - Epic... 9/10

Became a very short review but I enjoyed this single alot, GJ sadie!

Rosario - I heard people say the chorus sounds like DIFFERENT SENSE and I don't get it. To me it's a typical Sadie chorus (and I'm not sure it's a compliment). However I can hear similarities to other DIR EN GREY songs like Agitated Screams of Maggots and Hageshisa. Well, this is clearly not their best A-side (even the COLD BLOOD singles were better), but it has some good parts and maybe it will grow on me after a few listens. But yet it's just 6/10

SUICIDAL ROCK CITY - The chorus is very very bad, almost embarrassing. I just can't keep a straight face while listening to it. 4/10

Break the silence - This is the best song of the single, but still not their best. 7/10

ROSARIO - I don't see the Different Sense comparison at all. I know back when Sadie first came out, people were comparing them to Dir en grey really hard but they turned out to hold on. Anyway, i'm kind of disappointed with this song. The verses are good, the chorus is good but nothing really grabs my attention. Plain but not horrible. 6/10

Suicidal Rock City - First thought? Vortex at the beginning. A lot. The problem with Sadie is that their b-sides are so average. This seems to be a problem with a lot of "vk indie" bands. They just don't do it for me. But Mao's growling is amazing. 5/10

Break the silence - This is it. The best song on the single. Gorgeous. It's a typical ballad like song but.. it's better than the rest of the songs on the single. 6/10

All in all, a plain single. I was expecting a lot more after 'Cold Blood' but i'm just happy Sadie is listenable again! I was worried about them after Master of Romance.

Rosario

This is so obviously inspired by DIFFERENT SENSE but I think Sadie do enough to make it their own. It could do without the solo though, it sounds almost exactly like the one in DIFFERENT SENSE albeit in a completely different key. 5/10

SUICIDAL ROCK CITY

This is just their own version of VORTEX. I seriously can't think of anything they did to make it their own besides Mao's voice and that breakdown about half-way through. I quite like the off-beat part before the final chorus though. 3/10

Break the silence

This is the only song that doesn't sound like a rip-off of Dir en grey or the Gazette and it's probably the best song off of the single because of it. Although the screaming before the chorus reminds me of another song I've heard but I just can't put my finger on it. This song shows everything I love about Mao's voice and what I used to love about Sadie anyway. Definitely the best song on the single. 7/10

Over-all it's just another generic single from a generic, Dir en grey and Gazette inspired, indie's VK band. Not that I'm saying that's a bad thing. 5/10

1. Rosario - Not that catchy as i thought it would be but quite cool, and interesting 8/10

2. Suicidal Rock City - Could have been better.. 6/10

3. Break the Silence - Boring... 5/10

My version

Ripoffs aside, b-sides were killjoys of this single

Rosario's verse parts (kinda wondering if there will be backvocals for that in live) were cool btw.

Sadie...Nice job!! I loved this single.

Rosario- Honestly, this song on the first listen...i felt like Mao's voice was barely audible but now I hear it more. The guitar riffs are great and I love the melodies. Those bands that have screams in them, I always find the vocalist to have some attracting clean vocals and Mao is one of them so I really enjoyed the chorus. I loved the solo, and this is the only time I can agree that this sounds like Dir en Grey...it does kind of sound like DIFFERENT SENSE's solo but still, it's not exactly a carbon copy of it, it just has its influences in it and Sadie is a band that is influenced a lot by DeG. I loved this song and i give it 9/10 (it wasn't perfect)

Suicidal Rock City- Yes, the intro does sound a lot like the intro for VORTEX by The GazettE but I could care less cause I love VORTEX and this song takes its own direction after that intro. This song didn't leave much of an impression but I still enjoyed it. It wasn't a turnoff. I give it a 8/10

Break the Silence- God, this is by far the best song on this single and my favorite Sadie song officially. I loved the screams right before the chorus which is an absolutely great chorus that for some reason reminds of some of the B-sides from their 2010 singles. One thing that always gets me is when the piano is being used in the BGM. My first instrument that came before the guitar was the piano so i absolutely love it and that ending, the way the song faded away with that beautiful piano melody. 10/10

This single blew me away, I really enjoyed it and i give the single a 9/10

Almost forgotten about the release, but yup, time to do it.

Rosario - The beginning sounds like Different Sense. Mao does his clean singing alwaysconstantly good, but the screams and growls pumped me the heck out! And overall perfect song. 8/10

Suicidal Rock City - While Rosario sounded like Different Sense, this one sounds like Vortex. Which is really not bad, since Sadie sometimes likes to experiment. The guitar riffs are so phat here. And I like the rapping, which is unusual for VK. And the chrus sounds kinda... funky. the bass slapping before the final chorus part just emphasizes the song's awesomeness. 10/10

Break the Silence - The beginning sounds like old-school Linkin Park. Also we can get it more if we mix it with Bugaboo. Mao is doing really good job. Again this is pure greatness! 9/10

Overall, this is such a fantastic single. One of their best! Already gives me a good expectations for the incoming album! Fenomenal work, サディ! 9/10

Rosario - I'm disappointed in this song. I haven't heard them do a song this chaotic and bad since Crimson Tear. Usually their chaotic songs come together nicely, but just no. Nothing to grab my attention. It's really sad when you have to watch the PV to actually make yourself listen to the song all the way through. Blah. 2/5 for effort

SUicidal Rock City - Everyone has already said it "Vortex". Not even close to Gazette's "Vortex" as far as good sounding. Probably a fun fan song live, but nothing I'd care to listen to outside of a concert. 2/5

Break the Silence - Nice, but once again doesn't hold my attention to long. It's not like I hate it, but I just feel like it's missing something I just can't think of what that something is. 3/5

Overall: 2/5. I don't think I've gave an overall 2 before to anyone. If this is them getting back into their older style and getting away from all those anime style singles that they released, then it's a bad stat. However, I think of this as Sadie's Crimson Tear. Just another song they try to make overly heavy, but neglected to put some anchoring point in it to hold people.

Sign in to follow this