Sign in to follow this  
Ito

Linked In

So, normally all the social networking stuff we do here is Facebook, Last.fm, Google+, but for those of us who are constantly trying to make ourselves more marketable, we have Linked In.

I doubt that many people here use it. Hell, most of you really don't have a reason to use it, especially if you haven't gotten out of high school yet.

If you have a Linked In account, I think it would be in all of our best interest to add each other. For the most part I can't really imagine that too many connections we make here will help, but you never know and I am really working on expanding my network.

If you want to add me, go for it here: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/andrew-von-haden/36/b75/1b7

Just post about it here first so I know who you are for sure. Also, if you want other people from MH to add you, I recommending doing the same and posting you profile here.

To those of you that don't have a Linked In, I can't really say that it is the latest and greatest in social networking. It is, however, invaluable when looking for a job. The more people you know, the more second degree and third degree people you know. What does that mean? Well, if you add me as a friend, you can see who I am friends with. And maybe I am friends with the HR person at company _________, where you are looking at a job in. So you hit me up and ask for me to put in a good word for you or something of the sort. And that is pretty much why Linked In exists. Don't feel obligated to make an account, but you never know when it might be useful.

Ha funny, I actually just updated mine today. Someone years ago added me and some how created a profile for me using my personal junk email. So I had this account and ignored the site (marked it as spam) but decided to update my profile today on a whim. I've had some luck with Monster and decided to see if I get any calls from head hunters through Linked In. I'm currently employed though but networking and more contacts are always good.

I think I did LOL

I don't think you did, lol

as someone else put it, linkedin is the site you refresh all the time if unemployed and forget the day you step onto your next workplace. pretty spot on imo

Lol, yeah, I would agree with with. However, I am going to try and keep mine going even after I get a job, you never know who you could help.

as someone else put it, linkedin is the site you refresh all the time if unemployed and forget the day you step onto your next workplace

pretty spot on imo

I created and fleshed out mine while at my current job so I can start looking for the next. Fact is, its much easier for you to find a job once you already have one; employers are easier to trust in your employability when it is apparent.

Hilariously enough, my current job is actually doing vocational counseling and placement assistance for people. So all day long I look for jobs. Even with that, after almost 2 years I havent found something better for myself, but hoping that a relocation to Seattle in the future can help that!

Sign in to follow this