Sign in to follow this  
LIDL

How Science killing my childhood

m215741849.jpg

This is the darkest of days.

This morning I just read that Triceratops might never have existed.

According to an article on Gizmodo, "The scientists, John Scannella and Jack Horner, believe that the Torosaurus and Triceratops are actually of the same species. According to the them, as a Triceratops aged, its horns and frill became more similar to that of a Torosaurus. Short becomes long, saw-edged becomes smoothed and so on. Having them be the same species would explain why there were never any young Torosaurus fossils discovered."

Seriously? Seriously? First Pluto, now the Triceratops? What the fuck, people?!? These things were very important to me when I was six, they were the pillars of my science knowledge!

m215741581.jpg

I am now seriously wanting to buy and wear this to all upcoming formal occasions?(Yes, that is three Triceratops howling at the once-planet Pluto).

m215741850.jpg

I'm sorry happy little girl, but your stuffed animal is going to be recalled because it is all LIES.

cerav.jpg

RIP Cera. You always were kind of a bitch anyway.

More on the crisis here.

What do you think about it?

Is anyone else crushed by the news?

Discuss.

update:

just got this from Real Science website.

the Triceratops does, in fact, exist�? it’s the other dino who that is getting the shaft.

"It was already known that triceratops skulls changed throughout their development, but not that the final result was a torosaurus. Torosaurus will now be abolished as a species and specimens reassigned to Triceratops, says Horner."

This news is a blow to Yale, who has a huge statue of the defunct Torosaurus in the natural history museum. Heh.

Cera, I’m sorry I called you out, that was rude. My bad.

But I still want that shirt. :D

Sign in to follow this