Sign in to follow this  
LIDL

You Decide...

I've heard from some who have watched it, said it was kinda meh.

But yeah, the trailer is like, (don't hate me for this) a down graded version of Kill Bill.

Or at least the style and the set. I too also curious to watch for the sake of it xD

I heard different stories about it being really, really good and really lame, so I don't know. I just want to see it to see how Gackt does in a foreign movie. If not for him, I probably would not give two cents because I personally hate action/fantasy movies.

It was actually already released in last year (September 11 2010) limited event,

the Toronto international movie festival (TIFF)

And just now they will release it publicly.

haha Kir-san did I spark this discussion? Yea... no the trailer looks fine but trust me it's terribad. Couldn't even make it past 30someodd minutes without rage quitting. Gackt was the least horrible thing about it though and that's coming from an anti so I guess that's saying something but really I understood why they kept pushing back it's release. Also Gackt didn't speak much (most of the actors didn't it was mostly narration up until that point) and at least half of what he spoke in those 30mins was Japanese but the english bits weren't bad. I can send you a link to it if you want to watch, I just dare you too make it through the whole thing >:D

EDIT: It looks pretty though, I'll give it that. :) I'm thinking they probably focused so much on stylizing the movie (the whole idea of bunraku as film and all that) that they left everything else to hang by the waist side.

Wait - this film is actually happening?

I actually can't believe it either. I remember in Gackt fan communities Bunraku was like a "myth" joke compared to S.K.I.N. because its taken so long for much to happen.

If you guys wanna check it out, it's already at a zillion torrent sites (I checked PirateBay). :wink:

Haven't seen it yet for myself, but I think it's gonna be fun (hopefully). :mrgreen:

^ how many seeds were there? I hope not gonna take 2 years 2 days like the last time i tried to download some Chinese movie :llama:

haha Kir-san did I spark this discussion? Yea... no the trailer looks fine but trust me it's terribad. Couldn't even make it past 30someodd minutes without rage quitting. Gackt was the least horrible thing about it though and that's coming from an anti so I guess that's saying something but really I understood why they kept pushing back it's release. Also Gackt didn't speak much (most of the actors didn't it was mostly narration up until that point) and at least half of what he spoke in those 30mins was Japanese but the english bits weren't bad. I can send you a link to it if you want to watch, I just dare you too make it through the whole thing >:D

EDIT: It looks pretty though, I'll give it that. :) I'm thinking they probably focused so much on stylizing the movie (the whole idea of bunraku as film and all that) that they left everything else to hang by the waist side.

yes. you do~ :D

I think would be interesting to be brought on a place that may give a bigger response

and thoughts about it. Hope that's fine with you :P

Now this is just like, funny sensation personally.

like, i am curious but also hesitating, so dilemma-tic xD

Though i hope not as bad as Dragon Ball movie.

alright, thanks for the links :D

hope to get them soon~!

I heard the narrator is Mike Patton though,

but heard the narration was bad omg xD

^ how many seeds were there? I hope not gonna take 2 years 2 days like the last time i tried to download some Chinese movie :llama:

yes. you do~ :D

I think would be interesting to be brought on a place that may give a bigger response

and thoughts about it. Hope that's fine with you :P

Now this is just like, funny sensation personally.

like, i am curious but also hesitating, so dilemma-tic xD

Though i hope not as bad as Dragon Ball movie.

LOL, oh dear god no, it's not Dragon Ball movie bad. It just gets lame really quickly but nowhere near the atrocity that was Dragon Ball >.

soo, watched it last night aswell. it's not that bad, it just has so much lost potential it hurts.

of course it's meant to be a feast for the eyes, which it really really is,

it's a bombardement of style, so i don't mind that there is more or less no story to it,

it's just that this shadow of a story isn't even narrated well for those two hours.

it sort of rushes like a computergame from one fighting room to another,

interrupted by very annoying uber-"meaningful" mono-/dialogues of the characters instead of for example spend some time on the potentially very interesting relationship between tough oneliner-cowboy and superproud honordriven samurai.

but this way the protagonists stay very one-dimensional and sometimes bore the crap out of the viewer.

even that all would be still ok, if the fighting-scenes would be top-notch madness,

but if you've seen ong-bak, kung-fu-hustle and the likes they just aren't,

just random throwing fists/sticks/swords at each other until one doesn't stand no more.

only two of the 1000-ish fights stayed in mind because of their specialness,

one in a circus on the safety-net and one close to the ending, which demonstrates the different fighting styles of hartnett and gackt.

still because of its very unique style i'd still recommend watching it,

just as soon as the start talking, switch away to facebook/whatever.

with some more interesting fights and just a little characterdevelopment/storytelling this could have been sooooo good :'(

btw bonus points for donkey kong and gta 1+2 references...

Sign in to follow this