Spike760

RADWIMPS

RADWIMPS

316792.jpg

RADWIMPS are japanese rock band, their major debut was 2005, their music style is very strange. They combine melodic choruses like Mr.Children, the rapped style of Dragon Ash and the funky style of Red Hot Chili Peppers. Also their albums are a mix of different styles. Some overseas fans considers RADWIMPS like a emocore band, but this is developed for the fans.

Members

Vocal & Guitar? Noda Youjirou (?????)

Guitar & Chorus? Kuwabara Akira (?? ?)

Bass & Chorus? Takeda Yuusuke (????)

Drums & Chorus? Yamaguchi Satoshi (????)

Has anyone else ever heard of RADWIMPS before? I just found out about them, my friend showed me an AMV with one of their songs. It was really cool, they remind me of Asian Kung-Fu Generation, which I like. I'm getting one of their CD's now, I'll upload later.

But yeah, I guess they're a major band. Check them out here.

http://www.myspace.com/radwimpsss

Yeah I never really heard of them either before, but I guess they're major. They're pretty good though, you should check them out.

*cough* a RADWIMPS thread o.O this is like amazing...they are one of my favorite bands ^^ i have pretty much most of their stuff ...they are excellent and their music is pretty cool..youjirou is a genious for a young guy ^^ their lyrics can be pretty strange and cool and they make really cool PV's

I only like...like one song. Setsuna Rensa or something like that. It's pretty good, but I tried one of their albums, and I kinda got put off them. :/

yea setsunarensa...that one's one of my favorites ^^

what album was it and what turned you off? i dunno i find them different from the normal mishmash of sound-alike bands =]

Um, I think it was just called RADWIMPS 3 or something. I really don't remember. But nothing really stood out for me. I think it might've been the differences in the vocals and tempo that made me like Setsunarensa. Like most of the song was really interesting because it was really different, but when I listened to the album, I just didn't feel what I did with Setsunarensa. :/

i see well fair enough...though that album was the first i heard of them...the first song i remember hearing was EDP ..and i was in love with the guitar play and way the song changed tempo many times within the song ..which is smth they do alot and one of the things i love most... a song of theirs will start off one way and then suddenly change and that sudden changes mixed with youjirou's funny vocals equals a win with me - and then to balance that they have few folkier more laid back songs that add a great sese of balance for their albums as a whole

I guess I'm coming in a bit late... but I just wanted to add my love to RADWIMPS too!

After I'd d/l a few singles I bought their (3rd?) album, which was also very good, sometimes a little mellow, but then there are some good rock songs too... angry sometimes. so good XP

i see well fair enough...though that album was the first i heard of them...the first song i remember hearing was EDP ..and i was in love with the guitar play and way the song changed tempo many times within the song ..which is smth they do alot and one of the things i love most... a song of theirs will start off one way and then suddenly change and that sudden changes mixed with youjirou's funny vocals equals a win with me - and then to balance that they have few folkier more laid back songs that add a great sese of balance for their albums as a whole

this(^-^)

and Yojirou used to live in the states, so he's english is really good. he also went to a prett good college and writes some of the deeprst, smartest lyrics. when Mr.Chilred were asked which band they would like to do a cover of, they mentiond RAD(o^-')b

狭心症 (kyoushinshou)...it's a term for a heart condition, but in this dense it refers to phrase, 「心が狭い社会 (kokoro ga shakai)」=a closed minded society.

the PV is pretty eye-opening 0_0