Sign in to follow this  
Furik

Textures

(I think I made a thread for this band on TW a long time ago. Anyway, here's the MH thread!)

Textures+dualismpromo2.png

Textures is a metal band from the Netherlands, formed in 2001. Textures' lineup revolves around founding members Jochem Jacobs, Stef Broks and Bart Hennephof, and bassist Remko Tielemans who joined in 2007. Since 2010, vocalist Daniël de Jongh and keyboardist Uri Dijk have been with the band.

The band plays a complex and innovative style, influenced by progressive metal, metalcore, technical death metal and groove metal. They also incorporate melodic interludes and experiment with a wide variety of multi-layered musical influences. On their first release, Polars, they also experimented with ambient soundscapes, before fusing the ambient and riffs together more closely on later releases.

Polars (2003)

Drawing Circles (2006)

Silhouettes (2008)

Dualism (2011)

Excited for the new album next month!

Been following this band since 'Drawing Circles'. Really miss Eric as their singer. He was attractive both physically and vocally but the new singer sounds good from the single.

Only heard Silhouettes which I liked, but I'm going to check out their new album.

I'm going to see Periphery in early October on their Frak The Gods tour and these guys along with the Human Abstract are opening for them. It's going to be a great experimental and technical metal concert. Haven't heard their new new singer yet though.

New album is going to be pretty nice, judging from the songs they have already released. New vocalist made me reconsider listening to any of their new material but I felt the same way about TesseracT's vocalist and now I love the shit out of them.

Anyone here Dualism yet? It's great. And I'm liking thier new vocalist. I think I enjoyed this album better than thier last. There's definitely more clean singing and melodic instances. Loved stuff like Reaching Home. But of course they still implement thier signature heavy sound.

Sign in to follow this