Sign in to follow this  
dannemannen

Sound Horizon - epic epic epic

Sound Horizon, abbreviated by fans as Sanhora (サンホラ), is a Japanese musical group with composer Revo as the leader. They call themselves the "fantasy band" and have released their works that closely resemble suites.

img_562432_10219274_0?1293593770

Their music is generally in omnibus style; an album contains multiple stories with different themes that create one long story. Soprano or mezzo-soprano vocals are mainly utilized. Usage of narration is not restrained. Strong anime influences and applications are apparent in their music; they have started inviting seiyū for narration since their major debut. Their lyrics are very often mysterious and metaphorical, even more so than those of other J-rock musicians, with themes varying from fantastic ones like ancient curse, legend, dreams, war, and paradise to forbidden lust, longing, obsession, crime, relationships, etc.

Am I the only one who totally loves this band? Epic melodic music that always manages to take me to other worlds, and gives me energy :wink:

Their latest story album Märchen was amazing! Well.. Here are some songs:

Q532tmQ7F7g

4GyJZ6qbtl8

One of my all time favs..

bI6a7KKMlEQ

KRgQZqV88Pc

Epic epic epic... check out their other stuff on youtube! They have so masterpieces.

So.. any other Sound Horizon fans here? What's your favourite/most epic song of theirs? :)

I don't know who's who, but I love them...

I honestly love ALL of Elysion. <3

My first listen was Marchen though, and that's probably my 3rd favorite album after Roman.

Favorite Marchen song was Garasu no Hitsugi de Nemuru Himegimi. I just love her vocals :-P.

I don't know who's who, but I love them...

I honestly love ALL of Elysion. <3

My first listen was Marchen though, and that's probably my 3rd favorite album after Roman.

Favorite Marchen song was Garasu no Hitsugi de Nemuru Himegimi. I just love her vocals :-P.

Ah yes Roman was also an amazing album! Favourite song from that one? I really like Utsukushii mono, so beautiful... :cry:

Oh yes Garasu-- (posted above) is also a really beautiful piece, and so damn epic towards the end!

Two other nice ones:

lM6MOHuG7F4

uGFJEU86dG0

Sign in to follow this