Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

The Office

100438646_72488630-ad8c-44a3-8813-40ef02b67efa-the-office.jpg

0CJvAQRffyo

The Office is an American comedy television series broadcast by NBC. An adaptation of the previous BBC series of the same name, it depicts the everyday lives of office employees in the Scranton, Pennsylvania, branch of the fictional Dunder Mifflin Paper Company. To simulate the look of an actual documentary, it is filmed in a single-camera setup, without a studio audience or a laugh track.

The Office was adapted for American audiences by executive producer Greg Daniels, a veteran writer for Saturday Night Live, King of the Hill, and The Simpsons. The creators of the original BBC series, Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, are executive producers and also co-wrote the pilot episode with Daniels and wrote the season three episode, "The Convict". It is co-produced by Daniels' Deedle-Dee Productions, and Reveille Productions, in association with Universal Media Studios. The show debuted on NBC as a midseason replacement on March 24, 2005.

The series has completed its seventh season, which was lead actor Steve Carell's final season on the series. Despite this, NBC renewed the series for an eighth season on March 17, 2011.

Heard a lot of good stuff about this show but I didn't start watching it till a year ago. Its freaking hilarious. Basically it's a show about a camera crew that follows the lives of the office employees who I'm surprised get actually work done. Usually they're way busy setting the office on fire, throwing parties, putting staplers in jello, playing call of duty, holding fake ceremony awards, gossiping and whole bunch of other shenanigans. Steve carell's character is one of my favorites and has some of the most hilarious and socially awkward moments ever. I also love the rivalry between Jim and Dwight and the constant pranking that takes place.

I've only seen the first 4 seasons so far, but I like it. Steve Carell is quite brilliant in this. Oh, so he has actually left the show now? That's a bit sad, makes me wonder how will The Office continue without him. However, I've never seen the the British version of The Office. I'm not the biggest fan of Ricky Gervais (I did kind of like him in Extras, though), but the show does get a lot of praise. I should watch it someday.

^ Yeah I haven't actually seen all of the seasons myself. It is kinda sad Steve carell is no longer part of the show. He was one of the best characters/actors on the show. They got will ferrell guest starring at the moment.

The original, british, version is damn good. The american is nothing but PATHETIC! So lame, unfynny and extremely embarrassing, in a bad way. Nothing funny or good about it at all.

The American version isn't bad at all. While the original IS better, Gervais is the most unfunny "comedian" on the entire planet. Not one thing that comes out of his mouth is ever the least bit funny or creative. Which certainly says something about the other cast members, and Stephen Merchant's co-writing. I've always found Merchant to be a fantastic comedy writer/actor. The fact that he nearly always works with Gervais though is fucking depressing.

I never understood people arguing over whether the American or British version of the office is better. They can't just seem to enjoy the comedy of both. >.> To be honest I haven't watched the British version but its looks just as hilarious. IMO I don't think either one sucks. But I do understand if people started off watching one in particular and then have a hard time watching the other version because they get use to the characters.

Sign in to follow this