Sign in to follow this  
Tony

TV on the Radio

tvontheradio9light.jpg

TV on the Radio is a Brooklyn, New York, USA-based band that was formed in 2001. Their music is difficult to classify and is often described as art rock or post-punk, but is educated by a diverse spectrum of styles including freeform jazz and a cappella music, psychedelia and trip-hop, modern soul and classic ’90s indie rock, giving them a unique and original sound. The core members are Tunde Adebimpe (vocals, loops), David Andrew Sitek (guitars, keyboards, loops) and Kyp Malone (vocals, guitars, loops), but the band is accompanied by additional members when performing live. On record, they’ve been joined by Jaleel Bunton (drums) and Gerard Smith (bass) (both of whom have recently become permanent members), Martin Perna (flute, saxophones) and Nick Zinner of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs (guitar). Celebration’s Katrina Ford and Blonde Redhead’s Kazu Makino have both made vocal contributions to various TVotR tracks and even art rock legend David Bowie (an early advocate and advisor of the band) has a vocal cameo on 2006’s Return To Cookie Mountain.

Anyone a fan? I've been trying for years to get into their music, but the latest album "Nine Types of Light" changed that for me. Really solid album with heaps of standout tracks, especially "Second Song" and "Will Do".

Their music is very, very hard to categorise. I don't even know where to begin. Its unlike anything I've heard before. A sonic combination of so many music genres.

I like their stuff. haven't heard their latest album yet though but I'm thinking about buying it soon

Sign in to follow this