Sign in to follow this  
buster

the black dahlia murder

I'm not sure. Good band and all that, but not a band that I listen to too much. I hope they're going for more death metal and less metalcore this time, because that has always been TBDM's biggest weakness.But I'll check it out when it comes out and hopefully it'll be damn good, but I expect yet another album that has some good stuff and lots of mediocre stuff.

Vox is hot, if he lost a little weight.

But I agree with OldCheesey. I've always wanted to like them because the singer is an awesome growler but when it comes to the band, they are little too metalcore for me.

This band is ok , not big fan but I only know one song : What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse

This band is ok , not big fan but I only know one song : What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse

awesome song. love the lyrics for that one.

I love this band.

So, enjoying Ritual quite a lot. Certainly expected some good things, but I'm liking it more than I expected. Good stuff.

I'll check it out one day then.

Ritual has some really good stuff, such as Carbonized in Cruciform, Moonlight Equilibrium and Blood in the Ink.

Nocturnal, however, still remains as my favorite album by TBDM.

Nocturnal, however, still remains as my favorite album by TBDM.

qft

It´s the first Time i ever listened to TBDM and the new Album "Ritual" is quite intriguing. But i would not call it Metalcore. It sounds more like technical and melodic old school Göteborg-Death Metal Style to me. But maybe that depends on how one does define Metalcore.

I love the Aggressiveness and the well worked out Melodies, that never sound cheesy or cheap.

Its probably the best Death Metal Release this Year, besides Obscura's "Omnivium" Album of course.

Its probably the best Death Metal Release this Year, besides Obscura's "Omnivium" Album of course.

You should check out more death metal, dude.

Also, checked out half the album yesterday. Not impressed at all. Sure it's less metalcore, but it's been swapped for a more modern melodeath sound. And me not likey modern melodeath or metalcore.

Vocalist lost weight, but at least he got a hair cut.

Has anyone checked out Everblack? I've only really started listening to this band recently, aside from "What A Horrible Night To Have a Curse" because of rokku bando 3, but that album wasn't as strong as their other stuff to me. For metal-core / death-core, I need some sort of melodic hook somewhere to really get me to like a song and not find it to be bland-- unfortunately, I found most of the early tracks on that album were missing that. From one listen though, I think I liked "Phantom Limb Masturbation" and "Control" the most.

Sign in to follow this