Sign in to follow this  
sai

VII-Sense - THE REMINISCENCE OF WAR

I'll give short track-by-track review.

Be Sacrificed - Heard this on the Explosion Showcase before and after a few listens I fell in love with it. On the mini album it sounds less scratched and better quality than on the Explosion Showcase but nevermind that. It's a very good song, nice vocals, nice guitars etc etc. 9/10

Shattered Sky - Nice bass intro, the song starts pretty nice but I don't like the high-pitched guitar sound :/ I think it's a pretty nice song, wish some part of the chorus was different, but no bad song, not at all. 8/10

Sexual Desire - One of the weaker tracks on this mini imo. Instrumental and solo is nice, rest is kinda meh. 6.5/10

Revelations - Heard it before, didn't really like that much, but I'm sure this is one of those songs that I will grow attached to. 7.5/10

Proudia - Not much to say. Good song. 8/10

VII-Sense has quickly become the aborted fetus of the would-have-been-love-child of Hizaki Grace Project and Dio. As of late, it's starting to have its father's face.

3 / 5 songs were already released which is pretty lame considering they were *supposed* to release this in November. The other two were only okay songs that lacked direction after the first 15~30 seconds. I haven't familiarized myself with the two new songs enough to write a whole big to-do on it.

As excited as I was for this... I was utterly disappointed. The first singles were so amazing, but this mini did absolutely NOTHING for me. Overall a 3/5

Be Sacrificed was awful.

Shattered Sky was awful, save for the chorus which was awesome.

Sexual Desire was FUCKING awful.

Revalations was the best song on the mini.

Proudia was bland, but listenable when compared to SD.

Excited with their work. Despite of knowing 3 of all 5 songs I must admit, it's solid release. I'm glad that they haven't disbanded yet. And still waiting for their first LP. I'll do short t-b-t review right now:

Be Sacrificed - A song from Explosion Showcase, which had a bad quality. Now it's still weird form me, even if instrumentals and vocals are clear. Probably the worst song of the whole album. 6/10

Shattered Sky - Just fell in love with the bass beginning... Nice heavy riffs, it's just good work. The only downside is is pre-chorus moment. Great Shaura's voice. Nothing to add. 9/10

Sexual Desire - For the first time it was just silly, when it came as live-distributed single. But the studio version is great. Clear, good re-mastering. It's the proof that they can do nice songs. 10/10

Revelations - Just beautiful. And a piano opening.. great job. The heaviest one, guitars which I love and nice melody. 10/10

Proudia - It's the song i don't like so much, because it's soft... but what can I say. Nice vocals, melody, but a little boring after 2 minutes... 9/10

Overal: Good job. 8.8/10

I'm still not able to write a proper review excluding phrases like "OHMAGAWDITSOAWZUMMMM!!!1!1 SHAURAAAAA <3", but I'll to one as soon as I returned to being "normal"

I love all the songs on this mini album, so I was surprised to read so many negative reviews here....

me too :?

Sign in to follow this