Sign in to follow this  
Takadanobabaalien

[swe] Amon Amarth

Amon+Amarth.gif

Tumba, Stockholm, Sweden (1992 – present)

Deeply rooted in melodic death metal with lyrics centered around Viking history and Norse mythology. Amon Amarth (formerly known as Scum) was formed, with the arrival of Johan Hegg as the new vocalist, in 1992 in Tumba, Sweden, a southern suburb of Stockholm. They began writing material with lots of melodies, harmonies and lyrics about Vikings and the norse Pantheon. In summer 1993 they entered Lagret Studio to record the Thor Arise demo, which would later on appear on the bonus disc of the album Versus The World

Amazing band, I love them.

Any fans here? :staru:

Ah, I must admit that they're awesome. :D Heard Death In Fire from my brother a few years ago, and from that day I've listened them more or less. D;

(Less for a year now, though)

Any fans here? :staru:

Yes. :staru:

Until a few years ago, I wasn't really into harsh vocals at all, but then I heard "The Last With Pagan Blood" and fell in love (specifically with the final 1.5 minutes of it). Then I tried "With Oden on Our Side" (the latest album released back then) and have been following them since.

Newest album was pretty great as well. It seemed not as easy to get into compared to the previous one, but it grew on me immensely.

I have actually not listened to the newest album :(

My favorite tracks are Valkyire's ride & The beheading of a king, they are so amazing.

I was going to see them last year but I had nobody to go with, lol. They are coming both to Denmark and Gothenburg next month so I am thinking of attending one of their shows atleast :3

Amon Amarth remains the very pennacle of Viking Metal. Live shows are awesome to watch, and even though they more or less write the same 3 songs over and over, they always find ways to keep it fresh.

\m/ Norse Metal all the way.

Sign in to follow this