Sign in to follow this  
AliceInYourCloset

Who's in your closet?

Hello~

I'm AliceInYourCloset, Alice for short :hug2:

I'm 19 y/o, live in The Netherlands, and started yesterday with listening to J-rock.

So if I'm honest, I don't know a lot about it!

But I found this forum when I was searching for some J-Pop, so....

I wonder if you can recommend me something? :wat:

Love,

Alice

Hi, I'm from the Netherlands as well. I am going to spoil the fun since you seem nice and I recommend you NOT to watch either of those videos :lol: I have lots of nice bands to recommend, but I'm not sure what you're into ofcourse. Personal favourites of mine:

- D

- Versailles

- AYABIE (started in 2010)

- SID

- Nightmare

- Alice Nine

- heidi.

- Girugamesh

- Megamasso --> though only their latest album

- Plastic Tree --> this is rather 'unique' though, you love it or you hate it

- abingdon boys school

Some of them have made anime music before, maybe you can start with them. I really recommend abingdon boys school as a starter, it got me into Jrock. If you're looking for some pop, I recommend DBSK's Japanese singles, who are called Tohoshinki in Japanese. Also try Super Junior M.

Haha, thanks!

Dan zal ik ze maar niet kijken.

Well, the only J-rockbands I know (now) are The GazettE and Lin~!

I'm more into J-&K-Pop, to be fair.

And you seem to know a lot about K-Pop~!

So recommend me whatever you like :-)

Hi, welcome to Monochrome Heaven!

I guess I'd have to recommend Luna Sea. They were one of my first J-Rock bands and I still love them today! Try any album or era, it is all good stuff. Since you already like some visual kei, you may wanna try D'espairsRay or Versailles too.

I personally enjoy the band B'z, they have an arena hard rock and pop style like Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, and such only with more handsome members. ^___^ Andymori are also really, really good; they are an indie rock band and they are so CUTE!

Well, I think those are the best places to start.

Aha, naam komt me bekend voor though, weet zo niet van waar...

anyway, welcome to the club...

and if we're recommending (I'm one of the few non-VK indie heads on this forum), I would go with some of the following (I tried to be so versatile as I could, and that are more common... Could've recommended you real underground bands, but then it would probably stay with that one youtube clip xD):

The DARARS ->

THE NOVEMBERS ->

八?八ヶ所巡礼 ->

0.8秒????撃。 -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9UrspUaWJM

andymori -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmH_Mv1Vdag

9mm parabellum bullet -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epzb-uI4YN8

凛??????時雨 -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQHM2dTQX8E

Lillies and Remains ->

MOLICE ->

just tell me what bands you liked of those, and I can recommend you a shitload of others :)

Haha, I saw that Aion replied, so i thought it must be a very special person :3

In the end, it's just another Dutch one!

Nederlandstaligen gaan echt dit forum overnemen x']

Aha, naam komt me bekend voor though, weet zo niet van waar...

Hmm, thought the same. Then I just noticed that AliceInYourCloset already has loads of posts.

Ah!! I haven't even said welcome yet! Welcome x']

Maybe you can try Phantasmagoria? Kisaki & Riku of Lin were in that band together before x']

Like: Versailles, AYABIE, SID, Girugamesh, Super Junior M, D'espairsray, B'z, andymori, ThE DARARS, 0.8秒????撃。, 9mm parabellum bullet, 凛??????時雨, Molice, Phantasmagoria

Not sure: D, Alice Nine., heidi., Abingdon Boys School, Tohoshinki, Luna Sea, Lillies and Remains

I'm starting to think that I like too much :arg:

Welcome to MH! ^_^ I hope you will have fun here!

You said you like Lin... so I recommend you ALL RIKU's previous bands and UNDER CODE PRODUCTION's ones, kote kei label from Osaka, runned by KISAKI, Lin's bassist (more known to have been Phantasmagoria's bassist)

Here you are:

Phantasmagoria:

must-have song by one of the best kote kei band ever. Phantasmagoria are the previous band of Riku and Kisaki, together with Jun&Iori (JUN has a new band called spiv states, Iori was in the band too but now he retired :()

chariots:

RIKU's previous band before Lin when Kisaki got retired, now it became RIKU's solo project. Akito (now Kanata) and Reiya are now in Lin as well.

They're harder and less melodic than other RIKU's bands, and that's also why I really like them a lot :D they show the other RIKU's side!

Megaromania: APOCALYPSE

Most known musician of this neo kote kei band of UCP are Sui & Misery because they were in Metis Gretel, one of the most important old school kote band. I prefer their older band, but Megaromania is still sooo awesome! Their sound is quite aristocrat/symphonic. Sui's voice is really deep!

Nega: Muddy Cult

WARNING: if you can't stand splatter contents, I don't suggest you to watch it.

Another band of UCP, they're active since 2004. Actually they're on hiatus for their side project PERESTROIKA, but they will come back within end of 2011. They're hard and dark, their theme is based on NEGATIVISM. They're lyrics are aggressive and melancholy as well.

Talking about NOT-UCP bands, I recommend to you these bands:

D:

They're actually my favourite band... so... I really hope you will love them as I do :wub: They're coming to your country, so I think you should see them. Sadly they won't come to Italy, but I will see them in France! *O*

They're based mostly on vampires/Middle-ages/Alice in Wonderland (especially in their album Genetic World) concept. They're music is more like symphonic metal nowadays: ASAGI's voice is really deep as well but can reach really high notes in a heavenly way. I think they're one of the most important VK band in the scene. I love them because they're really funny and they love to change concept with every release. For example, in Ouka saki some ni keri they were based on traditional Japanese costumes, which was amazing!

Kiryu: Mugen Houyou

Talking about neo-japanese influence, I totally recommend you Kiryu! It's their main theme, and they use dark tones as well in their lyrics, which are quite grotesque. They mix japanese traditional music elements with visual rock ones: also their costumes are typically Japanese: every members has a typical colour. For example Hiyori always uses pink, while Takemasa uses always green.

R-shitei: 親????通り??今日も雨 (Oyafukou Toori wa Kyou mo Ame)

And here you are! The jazzy part of visual kei. R-shitei used to be harder when they were called Catheline and R-18, but I prefer them now because Mamo's voice is really better. I think they're quite undervalued in Europe/USA, but in Japan they're really popular! They relax me a lot ;_; There are also harder songs which are great live, so funny!

I hope to have been useful ;_;!

Like: Versailles, AYABIE, SID, Girugamesh, Super Junior M, D'espairsray, B'z, andymori, ThE DARARS, 0.8秒????撃。, 9mm parabellum bullet, 凛??????時雨, Molice, Phantasmagoria

Not sure: D, Alice Nine., heidi., Abingdon Boys School, Tohoshinki, Luna Sea, Lillies and Remains

I'm starting to think that I like too much :arg:

Awesome that you like most of the bands I recommended you! I see you're not so sure about D. Could I ask what songs you checked out? Since I'm a huge fan of them so I'll recommend you some stuff if you like. If you tried D's VAMPIRE SAGA album, let me tell you it's different from the rest of their stuff. Check out their 7th Rose and Genetic World album. Personally I prefer those over VAMPIRE SAGA. Genetic World has some really strong singles like BIRTH and Yami no kuni no Alice. The PV of Yami no kuni no Alice is Alice In Wonderland inspired, so judging from your username you might like it :) On the single of Yami no kuni no Alice they have a song called 'Mad Tea Party' which is a really fun song!

Sign in to follow this