Sign in to follow this  
Pretsy

[SWE] Opeth

Woaah no Opeth thread, I am scared right now guise D= //// I am bored.

opeth.jpg

38_logo.JPG

wiki:

Opeth is a Swedish progressive death metal band from Stockholm, formed in 1990. Though the group has been through several personnel changes, singer, guitarist, and songwriter Mikael Åkerfeldt has remained Opeth's driving force throughout several years. While their style is firmly rooted in Scandinavian death metal, Opeth has consistently incorporated progressive, folk, blues, classical and jazz influences into their usually lengthy compositions. Many songs include acoustic guitar passages and strong dynamic shifts, as well as both death vocals and singing. Opeth rarely made live appearances supporting their first four albums; but since conducting their first world tour after the 2001 release of Blackwater Park, they have led several major world tours.

Opeth has released nine studio albums, three live DVDs, three live albums (two in conjunction with DVDs), and two boxsets

Current members:

* Mikael Åkerfeldt – lead vocals, guitars

* Fredrik Åkesson – guitars, backing vocals

* Martin Mendez – bass guitar

* Martin "Axe" Axenrot – drums, percussion

My first Opeth record was actually "Ghost Reveries" but I like other records as well (especially Orchid)

Their longs tend to get boring sometimes, mostly because of their "abnormal" length (13-20 mins etc)

But there are still many great tracks.

for eg.

0UxS6r49OlY

Anyways, enuff said.

Opeth fans around here?

Aaaah, Opeth, Opeth, Opeth. I Still remember when they were a good, listenable band. Too bad everything after Damnation sucks. Anyway, Morningrise, My Arms, Your Hearse and Still Life are really good albums, Orchid is pretty good and Blackwater Park, Deliverance and Damnation are good albums.

Also, they are not a Progressive Death Metal band. They are just a Progressive Extreme Metal band with lots of Death Metal influences, but still not a Death Metal band.

Woaah no Opeth thread, I am scared right now guise D=

Actually there was one, but it was lost like everything else when the site crashed and our admin bailed on us last year.

Anyway, not a die-hard fan, but I like Watershed and Blackwater Park.... which I also lost when my HD died last year. :wat:

Apparently Opeth things have a habit of getting lost.

So thanks for reminding me that I need to get them again, lol.

My ex-girlfriend was listen them and I try them and I falling love this bands ,

I have not any albums or singes but I own Ghost Reveries t-sirt

Still remain one of my favourite bands, Mikael Åkerfeldt still remains one of my favourite vocalists. Super excited to hear him on Devin Townsend's new release as well.

I haven't listened to much after Damnation, but I definitely wouldn't go as far as to say they suck. I fucking love them.

Yep, one of my favorite western Bands. They often tend to get excessive, but its not really that bad, writing Songs that do not repeat their Refrains over and over. I like the 70`s progressive Rock Elements and Åkerfeldts Vocals a lot. And they are awesome when playing live.

New Album will be out at the End of the Year. They actually got a new Keyboarder, so i am curious how he will be involved during their recording Session.

Opeth new album "Heritage" will be released at 2011/09/16

[track list]

01.Heritage

02.The Devil's Orchard

03.I Feel the Dark

04.Slither

05.Nepenthe

06.Haxprocess

07.Famine

08.The Lines in My Hand

09.Folklore

10.Marrow of the Earth

I'll admit, I'm very much looking forward to it. If anything, the crybaby tears from stupid metalheads about there being no death growls makes it all the more exciting. It makes sense too, considering Mikael's growling nowadays is just BAD.

But his singing are even worse. He used to sound great, but he's just getting worse with every year.

And I belive this will be a prog rock album. I hope so at least,cuz then it has a small chance of not sucking. But if they will make metal I'm sure it will suck pretty hard.

Edit: And I have yet to see someone complain about him not growling much, even though I'm hanging around on different metal forums.

I'll admit, I'm very much looking forward to it. If anything, the crybaby tears from stupid metalheads about there being no death growls makes it all the more exciting. It makes sense too, considering Mikael's growling nowadays is just BAD.

lol whut? his growling going bad?! you call this bad?

no seriously, i don't know what's up with that style - it's just atrocious, considering he had one of the best and clear growlings (imo)

also i'm rly disappointed in travis smith's cover-art of "heritage" - opeth's gloomy/dark covers were one of their trademarks, imo

sfj6qm4uqc3v.jpg

The cover is awesome actually. All the references to old albums and members are nice.

But yeah, for real about his voice. I only had to watch him completely butcher Eaten from that DVD to know I don't want to ever watch the rest of it.

here the good old voice while performing "eaten"

lOGhS9UqsSU

and here the shitty new style (also performing "eaten")

tCJsQJAIdso

Even then though he doesn't hold a candle to Peter Tägtgren's original.

Sign in to follow this