Sign in to follow this  
Guest OldCheesey

Jrock vinyl and tape releases

Simple thread. Which Jrock bands do you know of that has released their stuff on either tape or vinyl?

Dir en grey - Uroboros vinyl

X Japan - Vanishing Vision and Blue Blood, vinyl.

Write down:

Bandname - album title - tape or vinyl.

COme on guys!

Vinyl release, I don't know of any to be honest since I've never had a strong interest in collecting vinyl. However cassette tape? Quite a lot haha, especially when you go back 10 years and bands where still releasing a lot of material on cassette.

Cassette tape, yes! And yes, I know there was a hell a lot of it 10 years back. But just mention everything. Anyway, my interest in this thread however is to see if any of the Jrock bands I listen to a lot have released anything on vinyl or tape.

Cassette tape, yes! And yes, I know there was a hell a lot of it 10 years back. But just mention everything. Anyway, my interest in this thread however is to see if any of the Jrock bands I listen to a lot have released anything on vinyl or tape.

Oh gawd - I know a couple of us can write up some massive lists when it comes to cassette tapes. I have about 70+ myself but I know Rarez Train and Inartisic have quite a large collection as well. However most are probably from bands no1curs about :mrgreen:

2 tapes that i own, Luna Sea - period and X-Japan best ~fans selection~.

Actually in some part of the world, casette tape are still produced though.

I still remember seeing latest Galneryus album in tape format side to side with the CD format in one record store's new release cabinet in Bali, Indonesia. :mrgreen:

Merry - Koseiha Blend Classic ~OLDIES TRACKS~ (vinyl)

Nicenicenice! Merry has more vinyl releases?

No, it's the only one. And I don't think they made many copies of that either. Actually I'd really like to know how many...

They have a lot of LP-sized releases though, but that's just the packaging. Worth every penny though, since they are lovely pieces of eroguro art.

Fuck yeah! I'd kill to get my hands on one of those.

They do? Do you have any pictures of what they look like? And are they still easy to get?

I don't own any personally (I do not own a record player, and I've considered buying tapes, but I have no idea how to rip them to my computer), but I KNOW of a few:

The Stalin - everything on vinyl

Anthem - I think everything prior to Heavy Metal Anthem is on both tape AND vinyl

Boris - Duh

Seikima II - a bunch of stuff for sure, but I don't know specific releases, sorry

Vivisick - Punks Were Made Before Sounds is a famous Japanese indie punk vinyl; most underground lo-fi DIY punk and hardcore bands (both old and new) have at least one vinyl release, to spare you a gigantic list of them.

B'z - First self-titled on vinyl

I don't own any personally (I do not own a record player, and I've considered buying tapes, but I have no idea how to rip them to my computer)

Ripping vinyl and/or tape are quite easy, and there's a billion site online which would help you doing that.

But, in the case of vinyl, just buy a record player and enjoy first of all, the nice sound and second of, the package:

l_532bf3e47d4844469b559d75000413b0.jpg

l_532bf3e47d4844469b559d75000413b0.jpg

http://crushuntilmadnessdistro.com/images/products/02LP0499.jpg

413amesoeursstgatefolddoublelpsilvermarblevinyllim333220100117.jpg

But of course, not everything hold that high standard. But those sure are worth the money I hat to pay for them (except for the Absu since it was sold out before I got my hands on a copy). Shiet's good!

double post.

But I'll post this too then:

sdblk.jpg

And a little about the release itself:

This ultimate edition contains well over two hours of cult, 90's second wave black metal on 3 180 gram heavy vinyl LPs, strictly limited to a one time only pressing of 500 hand-numbered copies - 200 of which will be black vinyl. These killer slabs of wax come housed in 2 350 gram semi gloss gatefold jackets featuring the both of the original DSP covers, including the original black and white Anne Marit Brenden illustration as well as the second pressing cover photo featuring Shinichi with sword.

To retain the classic feel of the original 1993 release, these 2 gatefolds are designed in the spirit of the original CD layouts with attention to detail, even down to the typeface and original DSP logos, as well as well as exclusive band photos, classic interviews and new, extensive liner notes by Mirai.

LP1: (Scorn Defeat album)

Side Revenge:

1. A Victory of Dakini

2. The Knell

3. At My Funeral

4. Gundali

Side Violence:

5. Ready For The Final War

6. Weakness Within

7. Taste Defeat

LP2:

Side War:

1. The Knell (Requiem for Fools EP)

2. Desolation (Requiem for Fools EP)

3. Taste Defeat (Requiem for Fools EP)

4. Weakness Within (Desolation Demo)

5. Desolation of My Mind (Desolation Demo)

6. Mentally Numb (Desolation Demo)

Side Terror:

1. Weakness Within (Desolation Rough Mix)

2. Mentally Numb (Desolation Rough Mix)

3. Death Throes (Tragedies Rough Mix)

4. Sigh (Tragedies Rough Mix)

5. Mentally Numb (Tragedies Rough Mix)

6. Desolation (Tragedies Rough Mix)

7. The Knell (Rehearsal Demo 1991)

LP3:

Side Victory:

1. The Knell (Requiem for Fools Rehearsal Demo)

2. A Victory of Dakini (Scorn Defeat Rehearsal Demo)

3. The Third Eye (Scorn Defeat Rehearsal Demo)

4. Suicidogenic (Sigh/Kawir Split EP)

5. Schizo (Sigh/Kawir Split EP)

Side Defeat:

1. Black Metal (Venom cover) (Unreleased)

2. The Zombie Terror (Far East Gate in Inferno comp)

3. The Seven Gates of Hell (Venom cover) (Vinyl Collectors LP)

4. Carnage (Mayhem cover) (Vinyl Collectors LP)

(Note: The above mentioned versions of "Suicidogenic" and "The Zombie Terror" are completely different than the unreleased mix of Infidel art from the triple gatefold set).

Included in each gatefold are huge, luxurious 24" x 36" (60.96 cm x 91.44 cm) posters of both the original album covers.

Both gatefolds come housed in an amazing, heavy gauge box with the original DSP cover illustration and garnished with an obi-strip. To the obi strip pristine during shipping, it will be housed inside the box.

Oh yes! Good thing is that it won't cost me more than $27 more than a new, simple CD. Lovely!

They do? Do you have any pictures of what they look like? And are they still easy to get?

Some fake LP's (suppose you can find some, if you look):

010009000045.jpg010009000075.jpg

70726f647563742f3031303.pngshirokurofc.jpg

tour09dvd.jpg

koseiha1.jpg

Actual vinyl:

vinylhn.jpg

vinyld.jpg

Some fake LP's (suppose you can find some, if you look):

010009000045.jpg010009000075.jpg

70726f647563742f3031303.png

tour09dvd.jpg

010009000065.jpg

Actual vinyl:

vinylhn.jpg

vinmry.jpg

D'ERLANGER - TONIGHT, the birth of splendid beast!!!, BLUE, SADISTIC EMOTION (tape)

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~kor/D'ERLANGER/tape.html

L'Arc~en~Ciel - Unfinished DEMO 7 tracks (tape)

http://rarenrandommusic.blogspot.com/20 ... -ciel.html

DEAD END - REPLICA, GRAVE OF THE SHADOW (phonosheet)

http://japanesemetal.gooside.com/index_ ... .htm#other

littlelamb - Oh man, those looks kidna neat. Wonder if it is possible to get my hands on all those. Maaaan!

Ripping vinyl and/or tape are quite easy, and there's a billion site online which would help you doing that.

But, in the case of vinyl, just buy a record player

What prices do decent record players usually run?

Sign in to follow this