Sign in to follow this  
Peace Heavy mk II

The Baroque Thread

j-s-bach3.jpg

Baroque music describes a style of European classical music approximately extending from 1600 to 1750. This era is said to begin in music after the Renaissance and was followed by the Classical era. The word "baroque" came from the Portuguese word barroco, meaning "misshapen pearl", a strikingly fitting characterization of the architecture of this period; later, the name came to be applied also to its music. Baroque music forms a major portion of the classical music canon, being widely studied, performed, and listened to. Composers of the baroque era include Johann Sebastian Bach, George Frideric Handel, Alessandro Scarlatti, Antonio Vivaldi, Jean-Baptiste Lully, Arcangelo Corelli, Claudio Monteverdi, Jean-Philippe Rameau and Henry Purcell. The baroque period saw the development of functional tonality. During the period, composers and performers used more elaborate musical ornamentation, made changes in musical notation, and developed new instrumental playing techniques. Baroque music expanded the size, range, and complexity of instrumental performance, and also established opera as a musical genre. Many musical terms and concepts from this era are still in use today.

hZ9qWpa2rIg

Played this for the first time in the 6th grade.

PhRa3REdozw

:fap:

76RrdwElnTU

MENTAL CONTAMINATION IS IMMANENT *circuits and stuff cut off and everything gets broken for the 234959543th time*

fMReZ2HQgAI

Not really Baroque, but whatever.

Love dis shit. Discuss.

ah yes. Don't we all love Baroque music :)

I mostly listened to this genre because of my two exes.

They are having such a huge craze over this.

And i found my favourites aside of the wellknown Beethoven, Bach and Mozart.

One of them is, Johann Pachelbel

the very famous Canon in D makes me an admirer of his music.

PkSp8wc8lKw

actually my ex recommended me to listen to

of Canon In D first, which makes me interested.

Uuuuuuuuuurgh Baroque sucks. Renaissance music was pretty good, but around 1700 things just went I-V-I-V-IC-V7-I and no. Music got good again in 1840.

The Romantic era is pretty cool as well, although I'm not a huge fan of piano etudes save a handful of Chopin's nocturnes.

You've been listening to the wrong etuuuudes.

lWWDLxP4mnU

7X5BMNMque4

fAyQ1fspdRU

2XMSxnAqLJc

taught dis was about brq.

Same here!

When I was a child, I used to listen to baroque music almost everyday because of my father! Since I started playing violin some time ago, I really enjoy listening baroque, specially Bach.

Sign in to follow this