Soilwork

Soilwork2010b2.jpg

Björn "Speed" Strid – vocals

Peter Wichers – guitar

Ola Flink – bass

Sven Karlsson – keyboards

Dirk Verbeuren – drums

Sylvain Coudret – guitar

Soilwork is a Swedish melodic death metal band from Helsingborg. They are currently signed to Nuclear Blast. Formed in late 1995 by Björn Strid and Peter Wichers, originally under the name Inferior Breed, the band changed their name in late 1996 to Soilwork (meaning "working from the ground up").

Their sound is a fusion of the classic Gothenburg metal sound with power-groove riffs of late 1970s, early 1980s British, and European metal. However, in their most recent albums, Soilwork has also introduced elements from other genres such as blues rock and alternative metal, and adopted a more melodic sound. Their most recent work has more singing and lighter melodies than their earlier work, as well as a more polished production.

Soilwork - Deliverance Is Mine

sSXuFw0_CkA

The Panic Broadcast was Amazing.

Soilwork were good as a Melodic Death Metal band, but got bas as soon as they dropped the Death Metal part and became a Alternative/Modern Metal band. Steelbath Suicide, The Chainheart Machine and A Predator's Portrait are all good albums. But after their last Melodic Death Metal release, A Predator's Portrait, they became pretty damn bad in my eyes.

But I saw them live around 2003, right after the release of Figure Number Five, and it was a damn good concert. They delivered they goods! Ola Flink were so drunk eh could barley stand up, but managed to play and be awesome anyway.

But I think Speed Strid has been way better in Terror 2000 than in Soilwork. Way more aggressive and angry vocals. "Terror for Sale" is pretty much beyond AWESOME!

^ I actually disagree. But I have seen the same division with fans with other bands that started out being melodic death metal/death metal then slowly drop that element. Though they might not have the same intensity, I don't necessarily mind that or see it as a bad thing.

Like with Soilwork's last album, I loved the technical guitar work/solos, and the majority of the songs melodic choruses. Plus Speed Strid clean vocals on epic sounding stuff like Let This River Flow,

Epitome, The Akuma Afterglow, or even the ghostly bridge on Sweet demise. My other fav songs have to be Two Lives Worth of Reckoning, The Thrill, Deliverance Is Mine, King of the Threshold, and Enter Dog Of Pavlov.

So I just heard two songs off the new album, and what the fuck happened? They finally sound like a melodic death metal band again. Slightly more progressive than their first two album, but this actually sounds good. I hope this mean they finally left the alternative/groove metal shit that they've been doing every since Natural Born Chaos behind and focus on the melodic death metal again. Will check out this new album for sure.

And based on these two songs alone this is easily their best album since A Predator's Portrait. That's exciting! Hope the rest of the tracks is as good.

So I just heard two songs off the new album, and what the fuck happened? They finally sound like a melodic death metal band again. Slightly more progressive than their first two album, but this actually sounds good. I hope this mean they finally left the alternative/groove metal shit that they've been doing every since Natural Born Chaos behind and focus on the melodic death metal again. Will check out this new album for sure.

And based on these two songs alone this is easily their best album since A Predator's Portrait. That's exciting! Hope the rest of the tracks is as good.

Listened to the newest Soilwork album a few weeks back and it's not bad!

Guest lynchisizer

I seriously don't get the hype about their newest releases... I liked their albums from Natural Born Chaos to Stabbing To Drama, especially Figure Number 5, but then, they just went too progressive and got rid of their catchiness, so that they just annoy me nowadays...

Sign in to follow this