Sign in to follow this  
CAT5

I'll be DAMNED, the Grammys actually have a bit of sense! :O

BEST NEW ARTIST 2011

Esperanza Spalding!!!!

esperanzag.jpg

Actually, Esperanza Spalding isn't new at all. She released her 3rd album last year (her first being released in 2006) BUT STILL!

GOOD MUSIC WINNING AT THE GRAMMYS!!!!????? WUT!!!???

THE WORLD MUST REALLY BE COMING TO AN END!

The woman beat Justin Beiber for christ sakes! And with no music videos, no radio play, minimal TV appearances. This is truly a miracle! ^_________________________________^

lol every netizens been p'od at it actually at twitter.

Anyway, this is not actually a shocker for me.

Like, Grammy have always been notorious for winning the underrated.

I mean, remember when Steely Dan blocked Eminem's way for Album of the Year?

Or when the no1curr of that time, Norah Jones, win big in 2003, sweeping 5-6 Grammys in a night?

So yeah. That's why i liked Grammy.

This awarding is the most and the only eligible and relevant of all others this time.

Cos no fan poll where any fanatic can spam poll it.

Even the performers, not everyone can get up there.

Just people that proved never did lipsyncing and could sing with LIVE that'll ever get there, reason why Britney will never ever get there of all this years of rumours, until she start to really sing than dancing in the future of course.

Hah, I was expecting either Drake or Bieber's hair to win this (since they've been so popular this year), but this is definitely a pleasant surprise. :wink:

Don't know what the other choices were, but it really is a great album... def one of the best of 2010...

everyone tried to outdress gaga and yet again, they got left behind. she has stepped up the game everytime they tried. and that's what red carpet should be like. :)

rofl, even I enjoyed Arcade Fire's album. I enjoyed it a helluva a lot more than 90% of the other albums up for AOTY.

I didn't watch the Grammy, cuz they usually suck, IMO. Though once in a while they have a couple of good artist's or surprises. Arcade Fire was definitely one of those surprises.

*Goes to listen to Ready to Start. *

I was surprised too, but in a good way and I must tell, that I'm glad, that Arcade Fire won the Grammy. What I actually found strange, is that so many people don't know them - their first album, 'The Funeral' was also nominated for the Grammy, they are headliners at the world's biggest festivals, and their last album was even the #1 at Billboard's Chart and at the Canadaian Albums Chart. It seems, that is more because of their loyal their loyal fans, not that they got more popular.

Honestly, the people who don't know them (and are vehemently complaining) are probably just those whose music taste doesn't extend beyond whatever the radio or MTV shoves in their faces.

I legitimately saw someone arguing yesterday, that popularity DOES in fact equal talent. Because they wouldn't get popular if they weren't talented, right!??! Nevermind the fact that the media could literally market us a turd on a plate and people would eventually start eating it up!

:oro::oro::oro:

Sign in to follow this