Sign in to follow this  
roninbuddha

strange..

i got an invite to join this forum... so i did. turns out, i was already registered.. i don't even remember registering to be honest.

anyways, hi people.

my last.fm page to get a sense of what i'm into.

This forum was formerly known as Tainted World, and your join date indicates that you joined at a time when it still carried that name. So that's probably why you don't remember signing up. ;)

Anyway, welcome to the renewed Monochrome Heaven, hope you enjoy your time here! :D

haha, wassup, dude. This is one80 :]

I honestly didn't expect you to join up, but since we changed from TW I've been desperately trying to get people from outside of this community to visit. I think a lot of people see all the VK and turn tail =/

I personally don't mind VK, but it's unfortunate, cuz lots of awesome non-VK stuff is shared/discussed here and goes overlooked. Often stuff that not even the people at jphip or JMR are hip to. xD

At any rate, welcome! ^^

i hate nothing against "VK" or whatever, music is music. i need a new venue for discovering new music... and places like keikaku and jmr... are slurring in that department. have nothing against those guys, they're cool, but those places have been inactive, and like we discussed before, its the same old bands, or bands born out of former bands, etc.. that gets attention.

i can only take so much artschool/straightener bastard children.

anyways, peace yo \o/

I honestly didn't expect you to join up, but since we changed from TW I've been desperately trying to get people from outside of this community to visit.

aha, I already got that impression seeing all those names here and on our Last.fm xD

Welcome btw :)

^haha nice username. i use that name too a lot in other manners... one of my harddrives is named CIBICCO (and TOMBO and CHIE, ZB ref)

glad to see a fellow NG fan around here :P

I admit, as much as I love Japanese indie, I've never actually given number girl a proper listen. I've probably just lost any credibility that I might have had with you. >_>

Seriously, what would you recommend I start with? xD

^haha nice username. i use that name too a lot in other manners... one of my harddrives is named CIBICCO (and TOMBO and CHIE, ZB ref)

glad to see a fellow NG fan around here :P

Hah, it's nice to have someone who "gets" my username! ^^

CAT5 - lol no, you're still cool :D its understandable since number girl is one of those bands that never really got popular, until most of the overseas people actually found out about them (3-5 years after they broke up, around the time of the indie Ajikan boom) lol.

the good thing about dead bands, its easy to recommend their "best of/greatest hits" collections as first listens.. so yeah, i'd recommend "OMOIDE IN MY HEAD 1" which is a singles/b-side compilation, with some live cuts. as for proper albums, i'd easily suggest SCHOOL GIRL DISTORTIONAL ADDICT as a good first listen. It's easy to go through their albums too because they only did 4, all of which sound... different i'd say.

anyways, in the end, it doesn't hurt to start chronologically as well :P

Sign in to follow this