Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Times Of Grace

timesofgrace300.jpg

Times of Grace is an American metalcore duo, formed in 2008 in Southampton, Massachusetts. The group consists of Adam Dutkiewicz (Killswitch Engage) and Jesse Leach (The Empire Shall Fall, formerly of Killswitch Engage and Seemless). An album was planned for 2009. However, the group remained largely inactive until 2010, releasing the single "Strength in Numbers with their debut album, titled The Hymn of a Broken Man, released on January 18, 2011.

Times Of Grace's debut album, The Hymn of a Broken Man, explores the depths of human misery with artful desperation, muscular dexterity, heavy aggression and gorgeous melody. The band's inaugural presentation is as rich and diverse as life itself, holding fast to the promise of strength through adversity. Jesse Leach's powerful, emotive, soulful, spirit-filled delivery - instantly recognizable - has never been stronger, backed by Adam Duktiewicz's trailblazing instrumentation.

Strength In Numbers:

I was really looking forward to this album, and I've pretty much been listening to it non stop since I bought it over the weekend. It's a really strong debut, and it great to see Jesse and Adam together again. Favorite tracks: Strength in Numbers, Fight For Life, Willing, Where The Spirit Leads Me, Untill The End of Days(epic Growlage), Live In love, Hymn Of A Broken Man, Hope Remains, The Forgotten One, The End of Eternity, and Worlds Apart.

HOLY CRAP. When did something Adam Dutkiewicz is a part of actually sound good? Seriously though, Leach's vocals are uber powerful they totally made the entire album and so does his beard.

It's definitely one of the better albums released this year so far. Really worth checking out if you're a metal fan. Leach's vocal's are really powerful and you can feel a lot of passion behind them. It was definitely one of the main reasons I was psyched about the album, since I loved his vocals on KSE's Alive or Just Breathing. Though he easily surpasses that in terms of emotion and growlage.

Sign in to follow this