RazorGenesis

Top 10th best lynch's albums (2005 - 2018)

Since the new realese from the band "XIII" i was wondering what would happen if i create a Top 10th best albums from the band because after all this time, the band lynch have  A LOT OF CHANGES since they begnning. 

I have to say im a big fan of this band that i bought many goods from them. So im been listening this band since 2008.

So i saw many lynch's fans in this forum and im so glad that happen ❤️ , but i want to know the oppinion from others whats your best album from this band. And i guess we have many different opinions, so i want to know yours top 10th best albums (10th the worst and  1st the best one).

In this top doesnt count EPS,singles,lives, and the 10th anniversary, only albums from the band.

So lets begin

10th AVANTGARDE

I know maybe you are surprised but this experiment from the band was in my opinnion not good but theres good song that i like it like PHANTOM and EVIDENCE.

Favorite song: PHANTOM

81RALsdOQNL._SY355_.jpg

9th SHADOWS

When this album releases in 2009 i was listening too much this album that i love it, have good tracks but after the band releases more song i was prefering another albums.

Favorite song: MARROWS

220px-Shadows_(Lynch_album).jpg

8th I BELIEVE IN ME

I was dissapointed with MIRRORS and I Believe in me was ok and acceptable but after listening many times, it was boring me a little bit and i bought this album actually.

Favorite song:SCARLET

220px-Shadows_(Lynch_album).jpg

7th D.A.R.K.

This album have really good song, EVOKE,ANTARES,D.A.R.K, COSMOS its acceptable for me if you put this album with more rate, in my case i have another taste.

Favorite song: D.A.R.K and Antares hard to choose.

268x0w.jpg

6th XIII

I hate to put this album in this rate because i was expecting something more in this album, i love this album but i was expecting something else. I hate theres 2 innecesary Instrumentals in this album and when they uploaded the previews sounded better than the full track. But theres more songs that i like it than the another ones before. I hope i can hear this songs on live releases.

Favorite song: AMBLE, EXIST, A FOOL

417+V+PJkPL._SY355_.jpg

5th INFEORITY COMPLEX

Now comes my favorite albums

A lot of good song imo, not so heavy album but in their lives sounds better than the CD version.

Favorite song: MOMMENT, THE FATAL HOUR HAS COME , EXPERIENCE, A FLARE

51OuhH3wubL._SY355_.jpg

4th GALLOWS

For me the most heavy album from this band. Theres a lot of good songs that i love GALLOWS, ENVY, TOMORROW, PHOENIX , MERCILESS, OBLIVION, GREED and from the live  TOUR 14 TO THE GALLOWS sounds a lot better on live imo. And i have this album too.

Favorite song:OBLIVION, TOMORROW,RING

20140408_2d0608.jpg

By the way in this album have my favorite look of the band.

Thats a plus on this one.

NEOBK-1646846.jpg

Spoiler

3TH THE BURIED

And of course in this top need stay the classic albums. With the song quarter life its so EPIC! or the whirl too. And after here the hazuki's  voice its completly different

Favorite songs: Above the skin, quarter life

815Nwrw5+YL._SY355_.jpg

Spoiler

2th greedy dead souls

It was hard to choose to put this on 1st or 2nd but i think the 1st one have better tracks than this one. Another classic 矛盾と空( Mujun to sora) i love this track and rew, and i dont know why this album its so expensive, from what i know its rare have the fisic album. I wish to have this album on my hands.

Favorite song: Mujun to sora and rew

220px-Greedydeadsouls.jpg

AND THE 1ST PLACE

Spoiler

1st THE AVOIDED SUN

Actually to be honest i was going to put GALLOWS on 1st place because i prefer the heavy songs from this band, BUT THE CLASSICS ARE THE BEST ONES!. I dont like all the songs but almost all are so DAMN GOOD!!!

Liberation Chord,I’m Sick, B’cuz Luv U.,Roaring in the Dark,Ecdysis,Forgiven,Anemone,The Universe (listening on live its better imo),Dazzle(same on live),Enemy ,Prominence(same on live) and From the End. 

Favorite song: Forgiven, Liberation Chord,I’m Sick, B’cuz Luv U,Anemone

THE+AVOIDED+SUN.jpg

I hope you like guys my top.

Opinions, critics are welcome.

If you have your own top 10 best album let me know please.

Thanks and cheers to everyone.😉

P.D

Sorry for my english.

Edited by RazorGenesis
bad orthography

1. D.A.R.K.
2. greedy dead souls
3. AVANTGARDE
4. XIII (tentatively, i'm still kind of riding the high of this album atm while the rest have had 2+ years to age)
5. THE AVOIDED SUN
6. I BELIEVE IN ME
7. GALLOWS
8. SHADOWS
9. INFERIORITY COMPLEX

the buried doesn't count imo bc it's just underneath the skin (their best non-album) + a selection off greedy dead souls

my philosophy for picking these is "if they dedicated a show to each album, which ones would i most want to go to and which ones would i expect to be the least suited to me?" and it's based entirely on how fun i remember the songs from the various albums being live (or how fun i imagine them being, in the case of XIII).

i had a similar experience with SHADOWS, though. it was great when it came out but it didn't hold my interest as more stuff was released.

I think @RazorGenesis list is pretty accurate. The top 3 arent even arguably as taste, their ranking is simply a fact.:D

Edit: I took the time and gave every song (including intros/SE's) a x/10 ranking (purely from listening to an album and not how the songs are perfomed/enjoyable live) and calculated the average of every album and this is the resulting ranking :

01. underneath the skin (2005) 9.2

02. THE AVOIDED SUN (2007) 9.1

03. THE BURIED (2007) 8.4

04. greedy dead souls (2005) 8.1

05. SHADOWS (2009) 6.7

06. GALLOWS (2014) 6.6

07. I BELIEVE IN ME (2011) 6.4

08. XIII (2018) 5.8

09. INFERIORITY COMPLEX (2012) 5.7

10. D.A.R.K. -In the name of evil- (2015) 5.6

11. SINNERS -no one can fake my bløod- (2018) 5.4

12. AVANTGARDE (2016) 5.3

13. EXODUS-EP (2013) 5.2

Im suprised SHADOWS ranked so high and INFERIORITY COMPLEX/D.A.R.K. -In the name of evil- much lower. Those had good songs on it but all those filler/boring songs pulled the overall ranking of the album down.

The only songs getting a 9/10 or 10/10 after 2007 are LAST NITE and ADORE from SHADOWS (both 9/10), LIE from I BELIEVE IN ME (9/10) and RING from GALLOWS (10/10).

After 2015's D.A.R.K. -In the name of evil- the only notably songs are D.A.R.K. and MOON (both from D.A.R.K. -In the name of evil- with 8/10) and PHANTOM from AVANTGARDE (8/10) (and maybe A FOOL from the new XIII which i nearly gave 8/10 but ended with 7/10).

Edited by filth_y
Added ranking

On 7/14/2018 at 9:59 PM, Furik said:

I AGREE WITH YOUR #1. 

Hands down its Lynch. at their best. 

If you mean for the band maybe.

But hazuki's voice its completly different

In that year the hazuki's vocals was the best to hear.

Imo theres a lot of difference with a more potential voice.