Sign in to follow this  
dannemannen

ViViD - Yume ~Mugen no Kanata~

Vivid's first maxi release if I didn't get it wrong. What do you guys think?

Personally I find it incredible generic, uninspiring and boring. I would give this 1/10 for being so, again, offensivly boring.

First off, compliments to Maiku for his ViViD code being right once again.

Yume ~Muge no Kanata~ - 7/10, I like the whispering, the br00tal start, nanana (for some reason). The chorus is OK, but Shin's vibrato ruins it. Seriously, it's starting to sound annoying after a while. Chorus kinda ruined it, further it's an okay song.

Rem - For some reason I expected this to be ripped off from Nightmare since their music is technically a mix of the GazettE (SONY music era) and Alice Nine. The mood it gave was exactly the same as Nightmare's Rem, but the song is completely different. Honestly, I thought it was a good instrumental song. But Shin kind of ruins it, once again. Don't know what's up with him, I use to like his voice a lot. The vibrato is just plain shit. My ears cringed when Shin tried to pull off that high note at the end of the chorus. It was absolutely awful. At the end of the 2nd chorus it was less bad. 6/10 This would've been a way better song with a different vocalist.

Risk - Kind of "meh", was decent, nothing memorable. The beginning was really nice and my type of thing but the chorus once again ruined it by being extremely boring. Oh, and Shin's vibrato makes me want to strangle him again. 6/10

Overal rating: 6.3/10

Weakest release by them yet. Now that they are major I hope for Shin he will spend some money on singing lessons so he knows how to not use that annoying vibrato anymore. I'd have PRECIOUS over this any day.

Yume ~Muge no Kanata~ - 10/10 Just awsome song,i could say one of the best they have!

Rem 10/10- Love the girl voice in there awsome singing just great job in a B-SIDE

Risk 7/10 Listen to it few times just deacent

Over All Rating: 10/10

Lol, I don't understand these 0/10 reviews. Oh, it's generic? Well great fucking job sherlock! Who would've thought... So many geniouses around here!

It's 100% basic VK music. Is it bad? Does it sound bad in my ears? No. Not at all. Infact, it sounds really good and pleasant. This is very easy listening. Even the performance is really well done. People might find this boring, but this is done as well as music like this can be done. When it comes to generic VK bands, this band is perfect. Great playing, great composing, everything sounds just like it should sound like. No risks at all, just honest VK rock.

If I'd rate it by originality, I'd give it 5/10. But seriously, who the hell would expect originality from Vivid?

Rating it as it is, I'd give it 9/10. Nothing to go wow about, but it's great background music while surfing on the net. Catches along at times, and then I just continue doing whatever I'm doing. If this band would've started in early 90's, they'd be gods. Too bad now they just blend in with the rest.

Sign in to follow this