Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Guitar Strings

So what guitar strings do you guys favor, or recommend?

For the most part I stick to D'addario guitar strings. Generally EXP bronze medium gauge 0.013 - 0.056, and light gauge 0.012-0.053, if I'm going for a more brighter, silky tone. They have such incredible resonance, projection, and their loud. Hands down one of my favorite brand of strings to use(especially on a acoustic). I also use them on my electric. In addition I use dunlop, medium, and heavy gauge strings. Recently I've been wanting to try out Elixir's nanoweb Polyweb antirust coating strings.

I've been using Ernie Ball strings, right now I have the super slinky but I had their Fat Top/Small Bottom or somethin on for a while. I used to use D'Addario though.

Always D'addario. Ernie Balls break on me way too often and I can keep going for a month without breaking a D'addario. Theoretically lol. Plus I find that they just sound clearer and have a nicer feel.

I use the Super Light Top/Reg Bottom(0.009 - 0.0046), my music style isn't really heavy and I like to be able to bend well during my lead parts but also still have a bit of bottom for my rhythm.

Elixir for acoustics (coated with magic, takes months to lose the crisp tone)

Ernie extra slinky for Fenders

as for gauge, i usually go for lights (0.9) i like playing mostly stuff that has a lot of arpeggios and plucking, so it works well to get that really loose sound.

Skinny Top - Heavy bottom is great. Same here. Good for the chugging pedaling on the low notes, but really good bending for solos and such on the high strings.

I use Cleartone 10-52's. I used elixer in the past, but enjoy these a bit more now. They're also treated strings, just different;y treated than the elixer coating.

CKOYZyREKU

on my drop-B guitars i use d'addario .012-.060,

they manage to not wobble on the low b-string and still aren't that tight to completely cripple your fingers

on my baritone ernie ball baritone .013-.072 (just because d'addario doesn't have ones that thick)

with those i can have a huge range of tunings from drop A all the way down to drop e (bass-tuning) without any problems, but this guitar fuckin' hurts... usually tuned to drop G# nowadays.

Sign in to follow this