Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Outlaw Star

main.jpg

Debuting in Japan on January 8, 1998, the pulse-pounding anime series Outlaw Star was set in the future, when to be a space outlaw was considered the ne plus ultra of prestige. Earthbound mechanic Gene Starwind got his chance to be such an outlaw when he was assigned to commandeer the high-tech space vessel Outlaw Star. Unfortunately, the vessel was stolen by space pirates, who were anxious to ascertain the contents of a mysterious box secreted somewhere on the ship. Partnered with fellow mechanic Jim Hawking and the beauteous Melfina, Gene endeavored to recapture the Outlaw Star and locate the all-important box before the pirates could get their hands on it.

I loved this show, Or from what I can remember. I used to watch it as a kid on cartoon network, back when they had toonami and showed stuff like gundum wing, DBZ and tenchi muyo at 5:00 in the afternoon. I guess its pretty old school. However I can't really recall what happens and never got the chance to fully watch it. I recently bought the entire season on DVD and it's pretty awesome so far(up to episode seven tonight). It's got great action, cool animation, and comedy. Loved the endiing theme too.

Classic series. Toonami was awesome at playing awesome anime - Gundam Wing, Tenchi Muyo!, Blue Sub 6

If it wasn't for Toonami, I would've never found out of great series.

Classic series. Toonami was awesome at playing awesome anime - Gundam Wing, Tenchi Muyo!, Blue Sub 6

If it wasn't for Toonami, I would've never found out of great series.

^i know what you mean.

Too bad cartoon network sucks major balls now!

I used to watch this, but I was to little to remember the name. I never searched for the name, but now I know so thanks.

cartoon network sucks major balls now!

I agree.

Yeah, CN isn't what it used to be, but its been improving. I really like stuff like Regular Show, Flapjack, Adventure Time, or Mad. I also rather enjoy their other series like Generator Rex or Sym-Bionic Titan, and miss the grim adventures of billy and mandy.

Anyway before this turns into a CN thread, back to Outlaw star. After last nights episode I've concluded that the space dog battles in the show are pretty badass. And surprisingly, the show has a good deal of swearing, and sexual references.

Loved this show, brings back memories *_* I actually rewatched the whole thing maybe a year ago feeling that nostalgia and it still holds up. Awesome indeed.

Sign in to follow this